07 M8 suspension ?

leadfoot33

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey guys. my dad is riding an 07 M8 with the slp pipe and can combo. heres the question. it doesnt seem like it transfers the weight off the front ski's enough. it seems alot harder to sidehill and manouver over my 06 M7. the limiter straps are lengthed as far as they go. do i just need longer ones or is there a fix to get it to transfer more weight off the front skis? it just doesnt jump or pop around like my M7 does.

dakotalloyd

Reaction score
I have the same sled and the same problem. From what I've read on other forums, the best solution is to revalve the suspensions shocks. I only weigh about a buck 65, so I can't even supress the rear suspension most of the time. The other problem is when you hit repeated bumps on a trail. It doesn't rebound quick enough. Anyway, I'm going to revalve mine. There are a few places online where you can send your shocks. It's important to get it done to your personal specs. Don't just have them revalved generically. The guy I called said he charges $44 per shock (doesn't include shipping), so it's a pretty cheap fix if it works. Hope this helps

leadfoot33

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hmm will have to look into that. our friend has an article about a part that needs to be changed to get proper transfer in the M series i will try and get it from him and will post back and let you know

leadfoot33

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the article says to get longer limiting straps and i cant remember what to move but said to move somthing back in the rear suspension. weird eh

dakotalloyd

Reaction score
I think you are referring to the "geo" mod. I sent a msg to "geo." (George) and described the problem. He responded by recommending that I revalve my shocks. If you lower the front suspension one hole or extend the limiter strap, it changes the geometry of the sled and will trench in deep snow. I sent my shocks off a couple of days ago and should get them back on in about a week. I'll let you know how it works out.

leadfoot33

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hmmm that is the mod :D yes please let me know. are you getting a longer shaft put in so you can put longer limiting straps on?

dakotalloyd

Reaction score
OK, I got my shocks back and put them in. I didn't make any other changes to the limiter strap or anything else. The suspension definitely feels better. I haven't had a chance to ride it in really deep mountain powder, but so far, I'd say revalving the shocks helps the ride and makes it feel a bit lighter. However, it doesn't totally solve the weight transfer problem. I'm not able to raise the skis light I want to. Hope this helps....Go ahead and try the geo-mod and let me know how it works for you.

leadfoot33

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
we tried drilling the hole lower on the front but it causes the suspension to bind up somewhere. we had a look at my 06 M7 and it has a little block at the back that we are gonna try mouting on the M8 and see what that does.
heres a pic of the block that we are gonna take off my sled and try on his.

Attachments

• 102_3449.jpg
    102_3449.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 80

leadfoot33

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
nvm the shock was in the wrong place. we tried it with the front arm hole set lower down. not a noticable difference so next we are gonna take my blocks off and try them because thats the only thing different from m yM7 and his M8

Top Bottom