07 m6 boggy off the line

guido88gt

Reaction score
just picked up a 2007 m6 for the gf, had it in revy last week and it has a bad bog off the line.. anybody on here had a similar problem? its got fresh gas and is pretty much stock except for a can...new plugs in it...

thanks for any help...:beer::beer::beer:

swabby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i have an 06 m6 with the same bog which i think is in the program to run fat on bottom (but they load up @ an idle)im throwing on a boondocker nos and controler maybee later this week to clean up the bottom end i will pull a number or 2 off the bottom (my 09 m8 did the same thing until i put the turbo on),but i have an 05 m6 and it has no bog but the stock pipes look slightly different (05 has no sensor on it & 06 does)and i believe it is different programming , i will post my results after i get the nos and controler on there.

markoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dirty clutches or a worn out belt can also give you a bog. Make sure clutches are clean and put on a new belt. Also make sure belt deflection is set right.

guido88gt

Reaction score
well guys after pulling off the throttle body to check the reeds(pain in the ass) and found that it was all good.. put it back together and ran it again.. i noticed that the clutch wasnt pulling in until like 5000 and 6000 rpm.. turns out to be a sticky clutch.. spray on some wd-40 and now the bog is gone....

gibsons

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well guys after pulling off the throttle body to check the reeds(pain in the ass) and found that it was all good.. put it back together and ran it again.. i noticed that the clutch wasnt pulling in until like 5000 and 6000 rpm.. turns out to be a sticky clutch.. spray on some wd-40 and now the bog is gone....
shouldn't spray clutch with lubricant, that's not good for them. obviously something is worn in your clutch.

guido88gt

Reaction score
Yeah I'm going to get something better to lube it up with..

calgarysledguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Yeah I'm going to get something better to lube it up with..

Shouldnt spray any lube on your clutch. If its not working properly there is something wrong with it.Check your rollers and your weights for flat spots.Check for broken spring.
Oh ya here is my 5000r pm problem.WD40 might fix it for a few miles Look it over well

IMGP2339.jpg

gibsons

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
that's what i was trying to get at, lube is not good for a clutch. check your bushings as well
Shouldnt spray any lube on your clutch. If its not working properly there is something wrong with it.Check your rollers and your weights for flat spots.Check for broken spring.
Oh ya here is my 5000r pm problem.WD40 might fix it for a few miles Look it over well

IMGP2339.jpg

Top Bottom