07 crossfire6

klswine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just bought leftover crossfire 6 from Dons Speed Parts in Wainwright, and was wondering if anyone knows about the tunnel supports issue and how severe it is? I weigh about 180lbs and am new to sledding. Anyother suggestions about sled and any input is welcome!!!:

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think it ended up being a lot of internet hype from a few people. Tunnel bending did happen to a few really aggressive riders. It eventually was decided that a hard tail landing or severe hit in the whoops might bend the tunnel. That said, many of us who did not own the Sno Pro versions would put a Sno Pro spring on the front skid shock. Doing that and/or having the front skid shock revalved a little stiffer helped solve the problem on non Sno Pro units. I have been running just the stiffer spring with no issues. If you really wanted the actual supports Cat came out with I think you should have asked Don to have them put on...for free.

I would just put on the stiffer spring since your only at 180pounds. Part number 1704-491

RevBlk

Reaction score
I think it ended up being a lot of internet hype from a few people. Tunnel bending did happen to a few really aggressive riders. It eventually was decided that a hard tail landing or severe hit in the whoops might bend the tunnel. That said, many of us who did not own the Sno Pro versions would put a Sno Pro spring on the front skid shock. Doing that and/or having the front skid shock revalved a little stiffer helped solve the problem on non Sno Pro units. I have been running just the stiffer spring with no issues. If you really wanted the actual supports Cat came out with I think you should have asked Don to have them put on...for free.

I would just put on the stiffer spring since your only at 180pounds. Part number 1704-491
Dude I am 220 lbs + gear and I ride pretty agressively. No 10' vertical jumps and landing on the snow flap or anything like that. That I beleive is probably exceeding the design limitations. For this year I am going to change the front spring because I have bottomed out a few times while ditch banging but....... Maybe I am just lucky no bends to date with about 1800 kms. Awsome sled. Doesn't handle like my ZR with a 136 but it rides smoother. It will chime walk when you get near the C note so be careful.

Top Bottom