07 coolant sensor install

hippiekiller

Reaction score
What is the id of the lower rad hose? I need to order the proper size hose adapter....\Was going to go with the round digital Koso gauge, anybody using this one?

hippiekiller

Reaction score
You mean just replace the stock one? Would that have any effect on the ecm I wonder?

slededjr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Remove heated carb fitting in head and use that port. Will have to block off hose coming from coolant tank going to carbs on mag side though. That way you don't mess eith the OEM sensor. Unless you actually use the heated carbs. Then you can install a tee and still use heated carbs.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No way dude. Using the carb heat line isn't right. Unless the heaters are open all the time cause it has to flow to show right.

On my o7 I cut the hose return from plastic t stat housing , made a nipple for the sensor to get flow with out blocking flow. Worked good.

Inline 1/4 inch tee with nipples on both ends , cut out what hose u don't need

sent from my htc

slededjr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Huh...... It does flow. Been using that port since 02 on all my 800's. Race sleds and trail sleds. Even my BB, weird, I can see the temp increase and decrease from hard pack to powder.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How ??? There is no flow.

Can't be right.

sent from my htc

slededjr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Works great for me. Even added a t stat to one of the 07 summits, can watch on the gauge when the t stat opens and closes.

Top Bottom