07 600 RMK perc problems

gasman

Reaction score
Hey, just wondering if anyone else had this problem. Last weekend while riding I was pulling over to have a bathroom break and as I slowed down my sled started acting like the choke was on. It would bog down if I gave it any throttle and just idle. It took me a minute to wipe the snow off the instrument cluster and I noticed to reverse light flashing. I then pushed the button and it would not go into forward. After several attempts of trying different things like holding the button in, giving it throttle, etc I had to disconnect the whole cluster. I was able to get back to the truck. I phoned Cycle Works West and they said they have never heard of any problems like this. South side had heard of it happening but could not offer any solutions. I love the sled but this is not acceptable. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:

xcya

Reaction score
In a case like that I would be checking the cdi connection. Make sure you didnt get any moisture in the connection. Clean and dry any connectors and make sure non are disconnected. good luck

gasman

Reaction score
Thanks for the info xcya. I checked the connections, didn't find any moisture. I am going to check and clean all connections again, stick some dielectric grease in them and hope I don't have to replace the handle bar cluster.

xcya

Reaction score
Try also removing the cluster and cleaning it as well because moisture can get in there as well. It has pin connecters in it as well. good luck.

Top Bottom