06 Ski Doo...eliminators or stifferners or both?

Taminator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Did a search on here but didn't find what I wanted...

Need to strengthen the running boards and eliminate more snow...doesn't sound like snow eliminators strengthen worth a chit...need to know what you guys are doing that does both.:beer:

boots

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i have just the stiffeners ... and then i cut the holes on the stock broads to match the stiffeners

boots

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i beleive they have the same boards... i will check to see if i have pics... if not i will post some

Shifty423

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Scrap the stifferners they block up your running boards and ice up very quickly...Now the snow eliminators are a different ball game, snow does not get caught they are just as strong as boards with stifferners. I say this with all seriousness I will never own a sled without these again the are the best mod I have done yet what good is power if you cant stay on the sled... even for jumping as I have had som real hard landings the is not a bend in them!!

Shifty

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have the BRP stifferners and would recomend them over the aftermarket, they work great. I do not have eliminators but plan too. My sled is a 06 800X159 and I weigh in @ 285 with gear if not more....fat b@stard!!!

Thunderr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Scrap the stifferners they block up your running boards and ice up very quickly...Now the snow eliminators are a different ball game, snow does not get caught they are just as strong as boards with stifferners. I say this with all seriousness I will never own a sled without these again the are the best mod I have done yet what good is power if you cant stay on the sled... even for jumping as I have had som real hard landings the is not a bend in them!!

Shifty

How many doll hair$?

Showtime

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have snow elimantors on my 04 REV and as Shifty said best mod ever. The only snow that sits on my boards is where they stop. Mine are bare Aluminum but if you spend more cash you can have them anodized right from the manufacturer. I bought mine stright from them over there website. I believe it's F-Bomb Racing.com or something like that.

dooryder

XP V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
i have the brp stiffners also, and who ever sled they ice up running boards is wrong cause mine are on the bottom side

Scrambled

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What are a the stiffiners worth?Eliminators?easy to install?the snow out here can be heavy at times and biulds up.

Showtime

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My snow elimantors were around a coupled hundred last fall shipped to my Edmonton office. My install took waaaaaay longer than what was estimated on the instructions but i'm very meticulous, all my cut are straight, filed no sharp edges and polished underneath. I also had the help of my brother when riveting so the 2 surface are bone tight no gap. Definately borrow an air riveter if you don't own one, your hands will get sore. I wish i had pics on my work computer to show you. They're sweet you won't regret it!!!!

Top Bottom