06 rev runs but lost reverse then all the lights??

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sold the sled. Buddy got it home then she started losing stuff! Could it be the key? He said he started it it idles then beeped at him and lost the lights.

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Wiggle the tether, untill the lights and beeps stop. My 04 did the same, and many other Rev owners have had the same problem. The tether cap is getting loose, hope that helps.

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Did you lose reverse? He took it off wiped it and put it back on. I would have thought that would do it but ill ask him to start it and wiggle

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Did you lose reverse? He took it off wiped it and put it back on. I would have thought that would do it but ill ask him to start it and wiggle

With the lights flashing and the beeping, it will not go into reverse. It will almost sound like he hit the rev limiter, while sitting still.
While it's running get him to wiggle the cap, until it stops and he should be good to go

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
With the lights flashing and the beeping, it will not go into reverse. It will almost sound like he hit the rev limiter, while sitting still.
While it's running get him to wiggle the cap, until it stops and he should be good to go

He's got no gauges no lights no reverse
Tried the key wiggle still the same! Going to try the relay tomorrow. He said it was quite hot. And he tapped it the lights worked for a flash. I'm betting on the relay. I hope cheap fix.

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Relay fixed the lights, but still no reverse??? Any other thoughts?

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Relay fixed the lights, but still no reverse??? Any other thoughts?

Another 06 problem.......................pull the plug off the ECM that is mounted under the hood below the
headlight. Check for green corrosion and pray there is none in there or in the plug end. If there is try and clean it with some electrical cleaner but be careful not to break any pins. Is the machine stalling when you go into reverse? If it is then you need to set your idle up on the carbs and that will solve the problem. Let us know how it goes.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Did you power wash it before taking it to your buddies? May have somrthing wet. What did you find with the ecm?

Shadam

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a 06 summit highmark 1000cc and she sure has her quirks. every few weeks when I go to start her she has nothing. nothing! so I swap all 3 relays in with the fuses and hey presto! ... she is cured. its the weirdest thing and the sled shop I bought it from says "yep, she does that"
I guessing your buddy isnt retarded and has pulled every relay and fuse? wiht high vibration machines fuses can break with out being blown, small cracks that are hard to see.
but if reverse is the only issue I'm thinking it is stalling. mine became difficult and stalled on reverse until I cleaned the reeds and then she was fine and the motor was cracking.
chances are the answer is more simple than u think

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's not stalling going into reverse. It doesn't even try. Does nothing just keeps idling normal.

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Never heard back from him! So ether he found the problem and was cheap fix or it blew up and too mad to call me! Lol. I think he was going to clean the ECM connector last I talked to him. And haven't heard back so I would guess that was it. I washed the sled just before I sold it to him, I backed it off the trailer and he ran it when he bought it so my guess is the pressure washing probably got water in connections and caused the problem.

Wilkey987

Reaction score
I had e same issue last year and it ended up being the stator......hope its nt that did he check the two 20amp fuses above the clutches

Lightningmike

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have an 07 rev and mine stalls when trying to put in reverse. Also it seems to be running rich. After it stalls when I try and start it it backfires. Idle too low?? Reeds?

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have an 07 rev and mine stalls when trying to put in reverse. Also it seems to be running rich. After it stalls when I try and start it it backfires. Idle too low?? Reeds?
On my '06 I had to blip the throttle when switching to reverse or it would stall almost every time. If you have a hard time starting it could be reeds.

Top Bottom