06 REV problems

Cummins12v

Reaction score
hey i have a 2006 skidoo summit 800. I shut it off the other day, and it would start, but whenever i revved it it would die. i took it to the dealer, they said it needed a spark plug wire, possibly a stator and threw 8 codes? it had no check engine light on beforehand. I thought it had a problem with the dess tether, which according to the dealer is missing the star. they neglected to replace the tether. i cleaned the carbs and changed the plugs. It runs now, but sometimes wont rev up, and sometimes dies at steady throttle. It always fires up first pull though. Any suggestions are appreciated, thanks.

Last edited:

Shadam

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
buddy just went thru the same drama ...

but I cant remember wot he found,
when I do I post it.

he changed so much stuff it wasnt funny.

raves, airbox, plugs wires.

its a 04 with far too many miles on it ...

Vance Matheson

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hey i have a 2006 skidoo summit 800. I shut it off the other day, and it would start, but whenever i revved it it would die. i took it to the dealer, they said it needed a spark plug wire, possibly a stator and threw 8 codes? it had no check engine light on beforehand. I thought it had a problem with the dess tether, which according to the dealer is missing the star. they neglected to replace the tether. i cleaned the carbs and changed the plugs. It runs now, but sometimes wont rev up, and sometimes dies at steady throttle. It always fires up first pull though. Any suggestions are appreciated, thanks.

would you like the shop service manual?

Cummins12v

Reaction score
buddy just went thru the same drama ...

but I cant remember wot he found,
when I do I post it.

he changed so much stuff it wasnt funny.

raves, airbox, plugs wires.

its a 04 with far too many miles on it ...

If you could let me know that would be good thanks. I already downloaded a shop manual, I didn't see much in there to help me but I might have missed something I'll take another look.

Cummins12v

Reaction score
The sled runs better with the choke on half then without, even warmed up. Nothing in the carbs was blocked, main jet was clear. The vent hose coming off the Dpm got melted shut, I cut it off and stuck the end back on. could melting the vent hose have caused some issues with the dpm? definitely lean, spark plugs are gray

Last edited:

Cummins12v

Reaction score
Okay so I pulled the hoses going from the dpm to the carb, and the sled runs better then it ever has. Does anybody know how to reset the dpm? Or can I just leave it unplugged from the carb

DRD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My shop manual had DPM trouble shooting, if I had it still I could copy the info. I'd try and find the proper manual, if he doesn't have it. The 06 also had the ECU mounted below the windshield and would get moisture in it and cause problems. Clean and inspect/seal all the electrical connections.
Make sure the DPM manifold isn't full of fuel as well.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cummins12v

Reaction score
Okay I'll check all the connections thanks. There's something about dpm troubleshooting in the manual I have but I think it's for non power tek engines.

DRD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I might have something in my Doo racing handbook, I'll check when I get a chance, if memory serves, they fail rich normally, make sure all the hoses are going to the right spot as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes they fail rich

If u spray some wd40 in the lines into it and either use a 9 volt battery to free it up

Cummins12v

Reaction score
So cleaned dpm solenoid had some light gray powder around it? But anyways sled doesn't run lean any more with dpm hooked up so should be good

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Glad to hear lubing worked

99% of the time it does

They get dry after sitting, and fuel evaporates out

gdhillon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
about the mpem, when I had my rev I mounted it on my oil tank.

If you unscrew it and unplug it feed the loom back under the headlight. unbolt your pull cord mount and plug the mpem back in then place it on the oil tank with velcro or double sided tape. Make sure the mpem plug is on good or the sled will beep at you and act funny

Also, happy new year

Cummins12v

Reaction score
So the sled started bogging on me, I though the spark plug wires came out but unplugged the dpm and it was fine again... It also started idling at about 3 and wouldn't come down without choke. There was also a delay for rpms to come down after steady throttle, unles I choked it or blipped the throttle. I cleaned all electrical connections forgot to get any of that grease your supposed to put on the though. and happy new year lol

Top Bottom