06 f350 turbo tube oil residue

grizzly se

Reaction score
I pulled my truck into the shop today to check the air filter and found oil in the bottom of the filter. After removing the filter I found a small hole rubbed through the air tubing to the turbo, and after removing the tube there was a fair amount of oil in the tube. The dealer told me that it is suposed to be there in the 03 6 liters, but I'm not sure about the others. Anyone have the same problem, and what to do. Thanks.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Oil in the tubes is normal.... Don't sweat it.... Be sure the hose connections are dry before clamping and be sure they are tight... Nothing like popping a turbo hose off(it's unbeleivable how gutless the 6.0l is without turbo --- i know, my hose popped off!!!)

grizzly se

Reaction score
Thanks I was hopimg it wasn't the turbo but I do hope it will help with fuel consumption which is real bad, 10 - 12 mpg.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
You might have an injector problem too....... Have you put a chip on it yet.... Best thing for the 6.0l pstd. Superchip makes an awesome chip, and its cheap... We've sold lots and "big" increase in gas mileage.....

grizzly se

Reaction score
I have been burning a fuel conditioner/injector cleaner that I sell, and the truck has a little over 120,000 k's on it and runs like a top, no missing, smoking, etc. I was getting 19.5 mpg and it changed that quick so hopfully when I change out the filter and install the new inlet tube it come back.

xsyourride

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I pulled my truck into the shop today to check the air filter and found oil in the bottom of the filter. After removing the filter I found a small hole rubbed through the air tubing to the turbo, and after removing the tube there was a fair amount of oil in the tube. The dealer told me that it is suposed to be there in the 03 6 liters, but I'm not sure about the others. Anyone have the same problem, and what to do. Thanks.

Just quick question as to where the hole was,Is it on the intake side of the turbo or the pressure side.If it was on the intake side and depending how long it was there and if your in alot of dust I'd be looking at the turbo alittle closer.Small hole is a good way to dust a turbo or engine.Could be some of the reason of bad milage and oil, not trying to scare you just a suggeston.

grizzly se

Reaction score
hole was just below the air filter , from the air to air to intake. pressure side. got it put bake together tonight and went for a run, seems every thing is back to normal, but I think a chip would be a good thing.

Top Bottom