06 blues

troy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
2006 summit with high RPM flutter 7800 to 8000. Sounds like a rev limiter, We have tryed everything and we need help. Any one with any ideas will be appreciated. Dealer can't even help.

KORE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Isn't target rpm 7800+/- 100? just a thought but you might not wanna spin er that fast anyways! Or is it getting away on you?

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Did the dealer check the reeds? New plug wires or possible broken coil ground?

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Tell him to go back to his one day service book for 2006. There was some issues with wiring harness routing where wires could start pulling out of plugs or fraying also. :)

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don't forget to check the main plug to the ECM. Water off the headlight can soak the plug causing corrosion in the plug and ECM. Hope not as the ECM is expensive. :eek: Am I missing anything guys?

troy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What plugs are you talking about?? As I had the lid off and I can't see any bad spots on the harness. Tried two different coils.Ground is good .

troy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Tried rave cell, DPM,stator,pipe,carbs,air box,computer,voltage reg,coolent sensor,and still having the problem even tryed diffrent clutches.Running out of things to change or try. I have two 2006 summits and the other is running great.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What plugs are you talking about?? As I had the lid off and I can't see any bad spots on the harness. Tried two different coils.Ground is good .

Memory isn't quite what it used to be but I believe up around the oil reservoir there is a place where the harness is tied to the pyramidal frame and it may be to tight and over time the wires will start pulling out of a plug they go into. Your dealer can find an explanation and picture in the 1 day service book for 2007. Each year BRP comes clean on noted problems from the previous model year and publishes them in the 1 day book for dealership tech's. Like I said also check the reeds, plug wires and ECM for corrosion. These are common problems for that model year that can cause a high speed miss. Good luck!:)

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Tried rave cell, DPM,stator,pipe,carbs,air box,computer,voltage reg,coolent sensor,and still having the problem even tryed diffrent clutches.Running out of things to change or try. I have two 2006 summits and the other is running great.

All the pieces you tried did you try them in the other sled?
I would have figured changing the MPEM would have been the fix.:confused: Must be a connection or wiring.

troy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
most of the parts i tryed came from my other 06 ;this way IKNOW the parts are good other than the stater witch is new . any more help would be great thanks troy

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if your ecm is below the headlight and above the pipe......

MOVE IT............... the harness is more than long enough to put it on top of the oiltank [ like the older mempem's were ]

its just stupid to put a ecm over a hot pipe with snow from the headlight-hood....

troy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i had moved the ecm a couple of years ago that was the first mod i did to all four of our sleds THANKS anyway looking for more ideas

SaskSummit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have you switched clutches between the 2 had something similar on the boys and turned out to be the clutch was worn out.

Top Bottom