06 apex clutching

overkill131313

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well I got the sled last march and noticed it hits the rev limiter alot (seems to be more this year than last year). what is everyone running for clutching......I have a 310 MCX kit that I mostly run at 14 PSI but was told it was set up for 18 PSI......I need to keep it off the rev limiter at 18PSI! Going to be installing my reverse kit next week and rebearing all the shafts and figure it is a good time to get all the info on the clutching before I get it all back together!

HELP!

hornydevil

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
One thing that could make a diffference is youre primary clutch spring, over time they tend to get week. What are you running for weigh, is it set up for the mountain? I have a 290 kit in mine and there is a big diferance form one set up to a other. I have a set of Dalton flyweights, also got a set of quick adjust flyweights that I havent tried ( will install them as soon as I can). Some people might tell you to go with a shock waves to set youre RPM, I have one but I toke it out to try something else.

overkill131313

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
One thing that could make a diffference is youre primary clutch spring, over time they tend to get week. What are you running for weigh, is it set up for the mountain? I have a 290 kit in mine and there is a big diferance form one set up to a other. I have a set of Dalton flyweights, also got a set of quick adjust flyweights that I havent tried ( will install them as soon as I can). Some people might tell you to go with a shock waves to set youre RPM, I have one but I toke it out to try something else.

the guy I bought it from said it is perfect for Revy at 18 psi......now that I like the throttle more this year it is hitting the RL....I havent got into it, but going to see whats in it. just want to find out what other 310 are running!

TABSTER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yamaha B/W/B primary spring
dalton quick tunes loaded up with 83 gr.

arctic cat old style green spring and a shockwave set in 0-1 holes....

Its a Bitch to install by yourself!!!! but do-able.

Last edited:

TABSTER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thats what i run....at 14 to 18lbs..... havent had any problems with belts,Heat, or track speed.... hammered everything that i have pointed it at!

easybutton.jpg

SLY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I ran that in my last Apex too. DPYR74 loaded to 83g Try the BWB (think I had BPB-lower engagement) and secondary use EPI purple (I think Cat green is similar) at 1 & 0 fine tune with a shockwave. Should be bang on at 17lbs :d I think the weights are backordered right now, but we have everything here if you can't find what you need where you are.

jbb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I ran that in my last Apex too. DPYR74 loaded to 83g Try the BWB (think I had BPB-lower engagement) and secondary use EPI purple (I think Cat green is similar) at 1 & 0 fine tune with a shockwave. Should be bang on at 17lbs :d I think the weights are backordered right now, but we have everything here if you can't find what you need where you are.

epi purple is right.

jbb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
when ya say hitting rev limiter. on hills or lake? you could be running out of gearing if its geared to low and it'll do that to.

overkill131313

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
when ya say hitting rev limiter. on hills or lake? you could be running out of gearing if its geared to low and it'll do that to.

everywhere from trail to hill to lake! even down my driveway lol still pulls over 100 mph on the lake (no rev limiter)but right off the start it just loves the rev limiter all the time....almost like it doesnt up shift as quick as it should........ but great after 50 mph

Last edited:

Rizzzo

Reaction score
everywhere from trail to hill to lake! even down my driveway lol still pulls over 100 mph on the lake (no rev limiter)but right off the start it just loves the rev limiter all the time....almost like it doesnt up shift as quick as it should........ but great after 50 mph

Have you find clutch kit for MCX310hk? I drive MCX310hk sled 136"

Top Bottom