05 450 Kodiak Temp Light

Grizzly4323

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Antifreeze coming out pipe. With the asst. of some S&M members changed out head gasket and runs good. The issue I run into now is that when I run it for a while the temp light flashes a couple times then goes off. Does this continually. Is this tryin to tell me something?? :beer::beer::confused:

Garryese

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am sure it is telling you something, just not sure what it is. I know about the flashing reverse light, but not a flashing hot light. My guess is it telling you there is a problem in the hot electrical circuit:dunno:.

Cover the basics: check the wiring connection to sensor; might have broke the wire and knocked it loose while changing the head gasket.

Grizzly4323

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am sure it is telling you something, just not sure what it is. I know about the flashing reverse light, but not a flashing hot light. My guess is it telling you there is a problem in the hot electrical circuit:dunno:.

Cover the basics: check the wiring connection to sensor; might have broke the wire and knocked it loose while changing the head gasket.
I pulled the connector off the temp sensor at the thermostat. Ground it and the temp light went off. Looks like the sensor is the problem. Going to be changed next.

Garryese, Thanks again for the help....

Top Bottom