05-06 M7 Issues

CATPRIDE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just wondering if these sleds had any big issues?

Are you looking to buy one? Ya there pretty good, mine has been reliable to a degree. Mine is great to drive in pow pow and the torque is good. I have heard that the diamond drives go, mine is still together. I have a M7 with a D&D 900 kit with 30 shot nitrous, been drop and rollled. All in all I'm happy, then again my previous sled was a 96 summit mod so the modern era sled are great.

slomo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
mine is great and the ones with dd problems are the ones with reverse

Deasoninc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have an 05 M7. It has a 60hp shot ( on it since 500k) y pipe , stinger and the stock pipe. I put just about 7000k on it and it is still going strong. the only thing that I had to replace was the primary clutch last year. It was just wore out. Good machine. I kept it for the wife to drive now.

Rucky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Are you looking to buy one? Ya there pretty good, mine has been reliable to a degree. Mine is great to drive in pow pow and the torque is good. I have heard that the diamond drives go, mine is still together. I have a M7 with a D&D 900 kit with 30 shot nitrous, been drop and rollled. All in all I'm happy, then again my previous sled was a 96 summit mod so the modern era sled are great.

I'm thinking about it as an option if I can't pull together enough money for a new one next year. I've heard lots about diamond drives as well which worries me the most. I am also looking to update to a new generation sled that actually has suspension... plus more power and EFI are great. Thanks for the replies.

wcroftac

Reaction score
My 06 M7 Bogged like crazy until I gave it some more air (plastic intake is crap, weighs 10 pounds and just restricts air flow). Secondary dosen't shift very well(slow to up shift and backshift and dosen't shift out all the way). rear tourque arm is wrong too. hrp bracket is cheap and solves the problem.

RUDY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mine is bone stock,i have a can but not running it...I am impressed with it.If your looking for next year let me know you never know i might move mine.

Top Bottom