04 Yamaha grizzly

xsyourride

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got a chance to buy a 04 Grizzly 660 for a smokin deal,needs some cosmetic TLC but other than that it is in great shape.What I'm asking are they good machine or a money pit.

xtremegriz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The only issues I had with my 04 Griz was weak axles and steam choking the intake, but once I snorkeled it and put gorilla axles(which are cheaper than stock) I had no issues. I actually liked it better than my 07.

Murminator

Timber King
Reaction score
Yeah the steam stall is anoying but I beleive the new side panels and the heat fighter kits was installed in 04 and up if not yamaha still covers it. It was a recall and they will install and give you new side panels for free. Overall it is a good machine not as much low end grunt as a v-twin but just as much fun, with low range and true diff lock it can take you anywhere :d:beer:

tekimsbro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah the steam stall is anoying but I beleive the new side panels and the heat fighter kits was installed in 04 and up if not yamaha still covers it. It was a recall and they will install and give you new side panels for free. Overall it is a good machine not as much low end grunt as a v-twin but just as much fun, with low range and true diff lock it can take you anywhere :d:beer:

Murm...does Yamaha have a fix for the steam stall? I have an 03 Kodiak that is TERRIBLE for this.

Top Bottom