04 sportsman 700 question

gibsons

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
looking at buying one but know nothing about them. are they a decent unit? or lots of problems.

gibsons

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ok thanks, i was actually thinking about trading a 2000 powder special 700 for it. want to get rid of that sled in the worst way. straight trade.:(

underdog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got one in my shop with engine tore apart [ crank blew up ] My recomendation is don't buy one popo junk:beer:

What year? How many km?
ok thanks, i was actually thinking about trading a 2000 powder special 700 for it. want to get rid of that sled in the worst way. straight trade.:(

My dad and I both have 06 700 carb units, and have had no problems with them.

Any and all products out there are "junk" now days. I have found that everyone hates their toys when they break down, but love them when they are running.

Take it as you wish

youngpolarisguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
know a couple older sportsman 700's ones a 02 and ones a 04 both run great and both have a fair bit of miles on them. they wern't fast machines but made good work horses.

underdog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There ya have it. If you maintain it right, it will go for a long time. There's always gonna be a hater in every crowd.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

gibsons

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well i made the trade, quad runs great just needs tires. Are 26" or 27's, safe without having to lift the suspension, or worry about breaking axles or drive shafts? I don't necessary want to built the thing for swamping, just seeing some alright prices on used tires.

underdog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would think that 26 or even 27" tires should be just fine on there. Our 06's have 26" tires from the factory.

BTW Congrats on the new ride!

youngpolarisguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
27 will fit fine along with a clutch kit you should be good to go. good luck with the quad. Oh and just like anything keep the rad nice and clean, save you from having problems.

gibsons

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
27 will fit fine along with a clutch kit you should be good to go. good luck with the quad. Oh and just like anything keep the rad nice and clean, save you from having problems.

thank fellas, I hope it treats me better then the 500 i had. What should be done for clutching? factory no good?

Top Bottom