04 cr125 wont start?

rockstar crf250r

Reaction score
I have a 04 cr125 it kinda got a little wet in the mud. and bogged out and stalled and wouldent start after i clean air filter. took out spark plug kicked it over a bunch of time with out it and then i put a new one in and still does not want to go and i tryed to see if there was spark and there was none at all? what could be wrong with it?

TheMuffinMan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was it running before you cleaned the air filter? If so I'd say you probably over oiled it and its not getting enough air. This would cause the plug to foul right away which would explain the lack of spark.

rockstar crf250r

Reaction score
no i just cleaned it i went riding it quit never got it running and stil dosent run and ok. cause idid acadenlty mix a bit to much oil should i just drain it for the gas tank and remix somemore?

rockstar crf250r

Reaction score
but then again iwas riding with the mix before for couple hours it did bog a bit it felt like tho

09xp850le

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
change ur plug first. if that doesnt do it, then pull the cover off the left side of the motor and let it dry for a day or take a hair dryer and get the moisture out and kick till u turn blue. lol then repeat. should start or u can let air dry for a day

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
To much oil will not make it not have spark or not start. Especially if you put a new plug in it. You can mix it at 20:1 and shouldn't have a problem unless you are just chuggin along. Like was just said pull the left side mag cover off and look for moisture. Also depending on how deep it got into the water check att the wiring connections for moisture. Pull the gas tank off and check the ones under there laso. But the FIRST thing is look under the mag cover if you've already tried a new plug.

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My guess is stator. My old 89 cr125 did the same thing.

robbiewood

Reaction score
Another thing you could / should take a look at it the CDI box which is mounted in front of the triple clamp, its a black box with wires coming out if you got it wet you may have a short, find the spark wire (comes from the stator) and check with a multimeter

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Another thing you could / should take a look at it the CDI box which is mounted in front of the triple clamp, its a black box with wires coming out if you got it wet you may have a short, find the spark wire (comes from the stator) and check with a multimeter

Good call, my buddies 94 cr125 would just die when it started raining and i bet that was the reason.

Top Bottom