"03 MountainCat 600 running issues.

funtimes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone, I hope someone can help me figure out a problem before I go to the dealer. I almost have the same Issue as "No Power" further down. But my sled does not foul plugs.. Runs great untill 7000 rpm. Bogs and farts, them will pick up again. Somtimes when starting off the sled has nothing, Revs to 1500, then cuts out stutters and farts for a little bit then it will go. The sled runs great all trough mid and sometimes off the start. Only hi rpm. it gives me trouble. I have checked the power valves suspecting issue, and they seem to be fine. I am going to check the stator because they are weak. But any other ideas would be appreciated. Thanx everyone.

Cheers.

P.S. The sled is a 2003 Mountain Cat 600 efi. I have just bought it and it was my first trip with it this weekend. Never really got a chance to ride it.

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
What fuel are you running in it,There is a thread on here titled Arctic Cat Poll on Fuel,may save you a trip to the dealer!
catmando!

FossY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.zx7r.de
check the sparkplug boots
or just replace them
i ha the same problem with mine
im guessing the vibration and ratteling once a guy is at high rpm just does it

i replaced mine no problems since

Scotty

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
check the sparkplug boots
or just replace them
i ha the same problem with mine
im guessing the vibration and ratteling once a guy is at high rpm just does it

i replaced mine no problems since

Like FossY says... check the simple things first. I replace plug boots every 2000 km's at least.

Usually a Stator will cut out after the sled has reached running temp. Then it won't start until its cold again. The 2001 and later 600's had excellent stator life. It was the 2000 and older 600's that had shorter living stators. Bin there dun that :rolleyes:

How many miles on it???

funtimes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am running mid grade from Fas Gas. I do not run ethonol based gas. Everyone else was running the same gas with no issues. Thanx.

funtimes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I checked the plugs on the trail and re did the ends. It did run good cold,when it got hot it would act up. To re start the sled sometimes it would not run worth crap and idle and miss. and sometimes it ran good. Thanx.

funtimes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry the sled has 648 miles. it was a trade in 2 years ago and was never sold. Untill I bought it 3 weeks ago. The dealership was sold and the new owner did not want the trades.

Top Bottom