03 900 EFI problems with electrical system

Fresh Tracks

Reaction score
After reading quite a bit I didn't find any answers so here goes with my issues
first off my Lights and my RPM Gauge flicker on and Off, I originally thought it was my Stator or coroded wiring, but was told that if my sled is running it shouldn't be my stator, now my sled seems to Idle okay no lights or RPM reading, but has a bog when trying to build up speed, and hesitates on and off when on the throttle, I was told to check the TPS which I am in the middle of, but I am still curious of the Lights and RPM gauge not working, wouldn't think it would have anything to do with the TPS,

Also after looking on line doesn't look like I can get a TPS with out buying the complete throttle body, anybody no if I can get a TPS separate.

Thanks

Fresh Tracks

Reaction score
I have gone through the grounds and allthe wire connections, cleaned everything and greased the connectons, they are all good I have pulled the throttle position sensor and the reading are not even close to what I have read they are suppose to be, now I am trying to find one.

FossY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.zx7r.de
ure talkinga bout the one on the handlebars right ???

just diconect it and close the circuit

Fresh Tracks

Reaction score
no I am talking about the throttle position sensor attached to the throttle body's, I have found a couple on the inernet but non that want to ship to canada, anywhere between half and a quarter of the price Arctic cat wants for the 2006 and up TPS since you can buy them separate for years from 2007 till now. but they don't have the same part # on them so not sure if they are the same or not. its the same unit that is used on the 1993 Lexus LS400

found a couple different part #'s that match the unit now I am just trying to find some specs on the new units.

Fresh Tracks

Reaction score
hey trollcat I may do that anyway, but after doing an OHMS test on a used TPS from a local cat dealer (sortof) I foun my TPS to be shot, the Highest OHMS mine would read was 1200, and the used one I found went 4000 ohms
so am pretty confident this was the problem, but we will see haven't had a chance to get it installed yet hopefully tomorrow.

sleadhead234

Reaction score
does anyone know if a mbrp can for a 03 mountian cat 800 would fit on a mountian cat 600? please let me know thanks.

Top Bottom