02 polaris RMK 800 jetting with the ATTAC??

summitstef

Reaction score
Down an ole dirt road in a town you wouldn't know
I just installed the ATTAC in my '02 RMK 800 and I'm trying to find the ideal base line jetting for the mains and needle clips? I'm at roughly 2500' for around home (NW of Edmonton) and will be riding in Valemount/McBride so I guess that means I will top out at 8500-9500' for riding in the mountains. Is anyone else running this setup? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

the450kid

Reaction score
Throw that ch!t away. Put your slp pipe on and run it��......

E-Zmoke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree, just jet it to one sz under SLP spec. Had an 02' for many years and I installed the ATTAC and then ripped the thing off as it just wouldn't run as clean and crisp as normally jetting it. I used to jet mine for elevation and it would be fine going up and down just give it lots of fuel in bursts and let it cool down a couple times going up. If your riding around home...well your going to have to jet...only takes 5 mins great sled but don't bother with the ATTAC

Dutchman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Can I ask a dumb question, what is ATTAC.

Actually, it's supposed to read ATACC......(Automatic Temperature and Altitude Carburetor Compensator)
made by Holtzman......holtzman engineering, inc.

Sorry but, I'd have to disagree with the previous posts. I ran an ATACC on my Wedge and the latest was an 03 RMK. Both had SLP exhaust and other minor motor mods.
My home elvation was 3000' around central Alberta. Mountain riding up to 8000'. It ran the same regardless of temp and elevation. Once you find the perfect base line, it worked great. Never again had to rejet.

Highfly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have something installed on my 2004 800. Previous owner called it an altitude compensator. I can't see much of it other than some extra lines going from the carbs to the air box.
Only had the sled out twice. Once at Cataract and once at Quartz seems to run good, I hope it stays that way.

BILTIT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I recently installed an ATACC on my 03 rmk 800 (SLP twins) and talked to holtzmen, they recommended 1-2 jet sizes richer (510N) than SLP (490). Pockets gave me some recomendations and with some tuning (plugs and wash) i have settled on 490's. I am going to revelstoke dec1 and valemount dac14, see how it works. I could go 1-2 sizes leaner but at a much smaller gain. It runs great right now at 2200ft.

Keep in mind my 03 will require different jetting than your 02, they use different needles i believe.

sledhead80

Reaction score
I just installed the ATTAC in my '02 RMK 800 and I'm trying to find the ideal base line jetting for the mains and needle clips? I'm at roughly 2500' for around home (NW of Edmonton) and will be riding in Valemount/McBride so I guess that means I will top out at 8500-9500' for riding in the mountains. Is anyone else running this setup? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Sell that sled and buy a fuel injected one.... Carbs suck.... Then maybe ill let you tag along!! Lol

500efisks

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have you resolved the jetting issue? I have the same year sled with SLP pipe and the ATACC and it works just fine. My base elev is 2000 ft and I ride the sled to 9500 ft. I can give you jetting for stock or with the SLP pipe if you still need it.

BILTIT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just had mine in the mountains on the weekend, went from 2200ft to 7400ft and it ran flawless. I cant say the same about the rider.......

Highfly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have you resolved the jetting issue? I have the same year sled with SLP pipe and the ATACC and it works just fine. My base elev is 2000 ft and I ride the sled to 9500 ft. I can give you jetting for stock or with the SLP pipe if you still need it.

I am very interesetd as I might get a pipe one day.

500efisks

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am very interesetd as I might get a pipe one day.

I believe the main jets are 500's both sides based on my base elevation (2k feet). Almond primary spring and I found using 10-62 gram weights just a bit to heavy for above 8K feet so switched to 10-60 weights and the revs were good.

Top Bottom