02 800 highmark no power low range,medium range

6bars

Reaction score
hi,newcomer to the webpage glad i signed up.my 02 800 started acting up last spring.symptoms are:loss of power at low to mid range once i hit high range it"s got full power.at low to mid range it seems to want to stall very frustrating.
the stater was changed didn"t help.anybody have any advice.:

Last edited by a moderator:

ZIG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi I have the same machine mind was stalling also. What you need to do is check your reeds for any missing rubber. mind had missing chunks. i put in vforce now works awesome. hope this helps.

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I also had a 01 800 did the same thing, took it to turples they told me it needed a new motor. Brought it home threw on a compressoin tester. 130 per side......mmmmm changed reeds, never run better. Mine were warped I believe it was due to running mohawk fuel the season before. "That should stir up some conversation.."

99summitx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The other thing to check is your needle jets, they could be all gummed up but won't afect it when wide open as that's when the mains kick in. I had the same on a Yammi and clean the carbs of varnish and was like new. With the reeds you usually have a hard time starting it when warm, does that happen?

Top Bottom