00 summit x 700 question

kyle019

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
alright, i got a 00 summit x 700 and was riding in some deep pow and all of a sudden it just died. compression is good however it has lost all spark, and when pulling the rope to crank it over the head light doesnt even light up even the slightest bit. wondering if anyone has had or knows something about this issue. thinking that it has something to do the the ecu box but not sure? any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks :beer:

CountryRider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
alright, i got a 00 summit x 700 and was riding in some deep pow and all of a sudden it just died. compression is good however it has lost all spark, and when pulling the rope to crank it over the head light doesnt even light up even the slightest bit. wondering if anyone has had or knows something about this issue. thinking that it has something to do the the ecu box but not sure? any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks :beer:

Sounds like a coil is gone in your stator...

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
check your dess cord and make sure its got a good connection before looking at the stator, also check kill switch

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
check your dess cord and make sure its got a good connection before looking at the stator, also check kill switch

x2 what modman said, my 99 did the same kinda thing once nearly ran over myself it stopped so fast i went over the bars. after 1hr+ pulling and swearing and cussing unplugged the kill switch, started on one cylinder as the other spark plug was still in my hand. lol put it back together and left kill switch unplugged been 2 yrs now.

synergycycle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My 800 did the same thing. But i was stupid and just replaced stuff without testing. Make sure you do a proper diognoses before replacing it. On my sled it was the MPEM.

kyle019

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thanks for the help guys! took the recoil apart the other day and after some electrical testing it is indeed the stator. absolutely no charge what so ever. i dont have the time to take it all apart and change it now so looks like my season is over :(

Top Bottom