yeti drive case cover letting snow in.

Husaberg76

Reaction score
After doing a few runs in the mtns, i've noticed my belt drive cover will flex a litte at the bottom on a side hill or in deep snow , letting snow accumulate inside the case. I've had a belt blow because of it. Afterwards, i've been keeping an eye on it and cleaning it out 2-3 times a ride. Until yesterday, i added a 1/8" marine grade silicone strip all the way around the sitting face of the cover, right on the edge. Serves as a secondary o'ring. Works awesome. No more snow.
Just a heads up for the guys experiencing the same issues.

Summitboy

Reaction score
Can you tell us more about the strip your using ? I know the shroud has been changed and the new part will have shroud cover the cover around the bottom. Good thing is Yeti is constantly staying on top of the small issues. They do a good job with that ! If you have any concerns give Jaimie a call, he loves to hear from customers !

800tundra

Reaction score
We got some moisture in ours . Took covers off and wiped them down. Ensuring no ice between sealing surfaces when reinstalling . kept and eye on em. Could definitely use something to secure bottom better. I m enjoying the kit tho!

gregv88

Reaction score
Moisture will accumulate inside of covers due to temp differential between inside and out. Had mine pop a belt too but was really hard on that side doing some sidehill riding but the case as completely packed with snow. Need to keep an eye on those situations for sure but the new case should help prevent the buildup.

Husaberg76

Reaction score
Had a chat with Jamie about the issue. I was told to pull the top gear off and check if any machined holes are apparent. If so, use a small dab of silicone to cover the holes. I had no holes in my kit. However, i did use a small bead of clear marine grade silicone on the flat surface of the cover. A 1/8" bead was plenty. Works like a gem. No more snow. I still keep an eye on it since im not too fond of blowing belts. Jaimie did mention a new cover being made and it will sent out to Yeti owners no charge. That my friends is what you call a kick ass company. ��

Reaction score
Had a chat with Jamie about the issue. I was told to pull the top gear off and check if any machined holes are apparent. If so, use a small dab of silicone to cover the holes. I had no holes in my kit. However, i did use a small bead of clear marine grade silicone on the flat surface of the cover. A 1/8" bead was plenty. Works like a gem. No more snow. I still keep an eye on it since im not too fond of blowing belts. Jaimie did mention a new cover being made and it will sent out to Yeti owners no charge. That my friends is what you call a kick ass company. 😀

They are a very responsive company to deal with. performance of the kit is their #1 priority.

Top Bottom