Yamaha annouces BOOST options for 2008-2011 Nytro MTX

Lococoin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Taken from snowest:

Yamaha Announces Major Options for 2011 Nytro MTX

Yamaha-exclusive 180-hp Push Turbo, MPI Supercharger systems
Yamaha announced at a press conference today at Hay Days exclusive power options for 2011 Yamaha Nytro MTX models.

A Push Turbo and MPI Supercharger system will be available through Yamaha dealers later this fall. Both systems will produce 180 horsepower and feature factory presets that eliminate user tuning.

Both the Push Turbo system and MPI Supercharger system are designed for 6,000-ft and higher elevation applications.

Both systems are priced at under $4,000 USD.

Yamaha also announced an optional rear suspension kit for the Nytro MTX that reduces the weight by approx. 25 pounds.

More to come...

UPDATE

Here's the details:

FX Nytro MTX Turbo
By Push Turbo
Distributed exclusively by Yamaha Genuine Parts & Accessories
Push Turbo - Arctic Cat Snowmobile Turbo Kits

MSRP: $3,995
YPAD Part Number: SMA-TURBO-00-00

Fits 2008-2011 FX Nytro MTX Models
Easy installation, only cutting required is a 2-1/4 in hole for charge tube. Turbo comes pre-assembled and mounts above tunnel in place of factory exhaust muffler.
Uses OEM style wiring connectors
180 HP on premium pump gas
8 psi boost (non-adjustable)
1-year warranty (through Push Turbo)
Available exclusively at Yamaha dealerships
For use above 6,000 ft elevation

"The Push Turbo kit is designed only for operation at elevations above 6000 feet. While installation of this kit will not 'void' your snowmobile's warranty, specific failures determined by Yamaha to have resulted from installation of kit components or other modifications may not be covered by the Yamaha limited warranty or extended service coverage." -Official release statement.

FX Nytro MTX Supercharger
by Mountain Performance Inc.
Superchargers

YPAD Part Number: SMA-SUPER-00-00

Fits 2008-2011 FX Nytro MTX models
Uses OEM Style wiring connectors
Uses stock exhaust
6 psi boost (non adjustable)
Features fuel-only GEMS control module that is non-adjustable
1-year warranty (through MPI)

"The MPI Supercharger kit is designed only for operation at elevations above 6000 feet. While installation of this kit will not 'void' your snowmobile's warranty, specific failures determined by Yamaha to have resulted from installation of kit components or other modifications may not be covered by the Yamaha limited warranty or extended service coverage." -Official release statement.

mb1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Very cool. So is install extra on a new sled? They're all done by the dealers and not the factory?

shawnmcgr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sweet! More hp and less weight! Wonder what they did to the skid? Also wonder about the non-adjustable fuel controlers. They must have a few more atmospheric sensors to do away with adjusting?

Never heard of Push turbo's, I see they do cat 2stroke turbos and skidoo 1200 but nothing on thier site about yammi turbos. Surprised Yammi went with Push instead of one with a little more history to it.

Last edited:

fat tire

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Taken from snowest:

Yamaha-exclusive 180-hp Push Turbo, MPI Supercharger systems
Yamaha announced at a press conference today at Hay Days exclusive power options for 2011 Yamaha Nytro MTX models.

A Push Turbo and MPI Supercharger system will be available through Yamaha dealers later this fall. Both systems will produce 180 horsepower and feature factory presets that eliminate user tuning.

Both the Push Turbo system and MPI Supercharger system are designed for 6,000-ft and higher elevation applications.

Both systems are priced at under $4,000 USD.

Yamaha also announced an optional rear suspension kit for the Nytro MTX that reduces the weight by approx. 25 pounds.

More to come...

UPDATE

Here's the details:

FX Nytro MTX Turbo
By Push Turbo
Distributed exclusively by Yamaha Genuine Parts & Accessories
Push Turbo - Arctic Cat Snowmobile Turbo Kits

YPAD Part Number: SMA-TURBO-00-00

Fits 2008-2011 FX Nytro MTX Models
Easy installation, only cutting required is a 2-1/4 in hole for charge tube. Turbo comes pre-assembled and mounts above tunnel in place of factory exhaust muffler.
Uses OEM style wiring connectors
8 psi boost (non-adjustable)
1-year warranty (through Push Turbo)

"The Push Turbo kit is designed only for operation at elevations above 6000 feet. While installation of this kit will not 'void' your snowmobile's warranty, specific failures determined by Yamaha to have resulted from installation of kit components or other modifications may not be covered by the Yamaha limited warranty or extended service coverage." -Official release statement.

FX Nytro MTX Supercharger
by Mountain Performance Inc.
Superchargers

YPAD Part Number: SMA-SUPER-00-00

Fits 2008-2011 FX Nytro MTX models
Uses OEM Style wiring connectors
Uses stock exhaust
6 psi boost (non adjustable)
Features fuel-only GEMS control module that is non-adjustable
1-year warranty (through MPI)

"The MPI Supercharger kit is designed only for operation at elevations above 6000 feet. While installation of this kit will not 'void' your snowmobile's warranty, specific failures determined by Yamaha to have resulted from installation of kit components or other modifications may not be covered by the Yamaha limited warranty or extended service coverage." -Official release statement.
I gotts a nytro that needs some of that lovin.........thanks for the info.....

samsquatch47

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.powermerchants.ca
Sweet! More hp and less weight! Wonder what they did to the skid?

The rumour mill says the skid was designed by BDX and is basically a bolt in chromoly Cat float skid into your rails using your shocks. It still is a non-coupled skid. It has a retail price at around $900 US. Seems way too hi for just some chromoly Cat suspension arms. Hell I have seen complete Cat skids for sale with shocks and rails for 500-600 bucks. From the pics that are on snowest it looks like you still drill holes into your dropbrackets any way. I'm worried it will wheelie as bad as they say the stock skid does. Of course this is all speculation on my part because my Nytro hasn't seen snow yet. Just dreaming of busting the pow. Gonna let someone else buy it and try it first.:beer:

lagrek

Reaction score
I am running the stage I MPI and love it..the stock suspension keeps down if adjusted right, at least on mine. 9psi on pump gas a little much but i am being carefull at low elevations. Some VP makes it a little safer...running high 12's for A/F seems good. Going to do more testing in Valemount next weekend. will update...keep our trails and cabins clean , they are there for US...

Top Bottom