What do you ride?

800dragon_rmk

Reaction score
7C755704-6105-477F-AED3-314CD74329D5.jpg 017ECCB6-B8D5-4631-A9B9-12AA336353E5.jpg
850 rmk couple things done to it
ride northern BC, southern BC
1000ish miles a winter
Only issue dialing in the clutching. Can give a full build list of anyone is curious

M1ryguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Never blown a belt on one either.

Ya I heard you might have some knowledge on clutching Lund. Do either of you guys have venting installed? I'm going that route now as I dont have any and think it could be a big reason why I am getting all the belt heat. Sorry this is probably for another thread that is already out there lol

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya I heard you might have some knowledge on clutching Lund. Do either of you guys have venting installed? I'm going that route now as I dont have any and think it could be a big reason why I am getting all the belt heat. Sorry this is probably for another thread that is already out there lol

One of the thing i have seen over and over again on these is people are clutching them as if they are clutching a 2 stroke. Most people's concept on clutching is learnt on 2 stroke's and that has to go out the window for 4 strokes.
Dealers and shop do the same as 90% of their knowledge is on 2 strokes and they use that same concept when clutching a 4 stroke. It doesn't work causes issues.
2 strokes and 4 strokes make HP and torque in very different areas of their rpm range, almost opposite to each other and clutching HAS to meet that range to work.
Most SW or Viper's, even Nytros i see are set up like it was a 2stroke....WAM BAM thank you MAM i LOVE BELTS and did you know i'am an underachiever.

BTW, Yamaha clutches are not known to run hot, most clutches that build heat is because of slippage/poor belt grip.

Last edited:

SUMMIT TREE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Also regarding belt issue on sidewinder/4 strokes, check alignment, my King cat and buddies winder were out. on his winder he had to have it machined to correct it. Mine I just removed shims from behind it.

M1ryguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
One of the thing i have seen over and over again on these is people are clutching them as if they are clutching a 2 stroke. Most people's concept on clutching is learnt on 2 stroke's and that has to go out the window for 4 strokes.
Dealers and shop do the same as 90% of their knowledge is on 2 strokes and they use that same concept when clutching a 4 stroke. It doesn't work causes issues.
2 strokes and 4 strokes make HP and torque in very different areas of their rpm range, almost opposite to each other and clutching HAS to meet that range to work.
Most SW or Viper's, even Nytros i see are set up like it was a 2stroke....WAM BAM thank you MAM i LOVE BELTS and did you know i'am an underachiever.

BTW, Yamaha clutches are not known to run hot, most clutches that build heat is because of slippage/poor belt grip.

Lund would you mind if I PM you for some knowledge? Or post it somewhere for everyone to see? My buddy also has a sidewinder and has gone through a few belts as well. Its literally the only downside to this sled for me and would love to straighten it out. Thanks

Lunch_Box

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lund would you mind if I PM you for some knowledge? Or post it somewhere for everyone to see? My buddy also has a sidewinder and has gone through a few belts as well. Its literally the only downside to this sled for me and would love to straighten it out. Thanks

Have you checked your alignment Ryan? Mine was out so get that aligned. then I have Thunder clutch prodcuts (although I think im going to try some Dalton weights for next season) and then I tossed the Yamaha belts and started running Ultiamaxx XS825. I went through 2 Yamaha belts and still on my first Ultimaxx belt.

M1ryguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have you checked your alignment Ryan? Mine was out so get that aligned. then I have Thunder clutch prodcuts (although I think im going to try some Dalton weights for next season) and then I tossed the Yamaha belts and started running Ultiamaxx XS825. I went through 2 Yamaha belts and still on my first Ultimaxx belt.

Hey Kris, I have'nt checked the alignment yet, I should probably grab and alignment tool and make sure that's good first before digging into anything else. I saw those xs825 belts and was wondering how they were doing. My buddy just grabbed a "bad ass belt" so we will see how it is. I'll order the xs 825 right now. Im also running the daltons on mine, if you don't have a flash I have a spare set of dalton QAY62's that you can try. I had them in mine but was hitting the rev limiter with them fully loaded up so went with the QAY70's and much better now.

Lunch_Box

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Kris, I have'nt checked the alignment yet, I should probably grab and alignment tool and make sure that's good first before digging into anything else. I saw those xs825 belts and was wondering how they were doing. My buddy just grabbed a "bad ass belt" so we will see how it is. I'll order the xs 825 right now. Im also running the daltons on mine, if you don't have a flash I have a spare set of dalton QAY62's that you can try. I had them in mine but was hitting the rev limiter with them fully loaded up so went with the QAY70's and much better now.

Ya I have the Evo stage 4 flash in the sled. I stumbled across the XS825 by accident as a back up belt when I was in Valemount and needed something. Put it on and its been on ever since.

M1ryguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya I have the Evo stage 4 flash in the sled. I stumbled across the XS825 by accident as a back up belt when I was in Valemount and needed something. Put it on and its been on ever since.

Ya right on, any idea how many KM you have on it? I read a few threads that guys were having good luck with them but that was mostly from out east.

Lunch_Box

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya right on, any idea how many KM you have on it? I read a few threads that guys were having good luck with them but that was mostly from out east.

Im in Angola at the moment so not sure what the sled is currently at, but I would guess at least 1000kms on it so far.

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Ya no problem.

Top Bottom