Welder

Lunch_Box

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looking at buying a new welder to replace my older Lincoln unit. Im wanting to get an all in one multiprocess machine and wondering if anyone has any experience with them. The 3 units I'm looking at are the Esab Rebel EMP 205ic AC/DC, Miller Multimatic 220 AC/DC and the Everlast Lightning MTS 225.

turbo392

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I replaced my Miller TIG a few years ago with an Everlast unit and greatly enjoy using it. It's pretty much impossible to justify the 50-100% increased cost of the ESAB and Miller units compared to Everlast, so that's my vote. They are all made in China, best to get the made in China price too.

Last edited:

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wouldn’t buy an esab they don’t got a great reputation in the industry. Lots of guy like the everlast welders I personally never tried one but here great things about them. I would personally get a the Miller if I was to buy any of the ones you mentioned. It’s easy to find parts and consumables for them.

Couch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bought the esab ...like it so far ...

Lunch_Box

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya the one shop I take to said that consumables for the Esab can be harder to get compared to the Miller. Only seen a couple comparisons between the Miller and Esab units but cant find much on the Everlast. This will be a welder I probably end up having the rest of my life so not afraid to spend more if its warranted and worth it.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Millarmatic! The esab is a good machine but is more money than the miller.
Hopefully you can find what your looking for. Some will be back ordered till the summer the last time I got pricing.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Another machine to look at it the Miller 250P it’s just a mig welder but with pulse. For your average person that’s more than enough welder and will weld anything you want. You get good with the pulse mig it’s close to tig quality especially with the new 4943 wire. That’s my next welder with a push pull gun.

Lunch_Box

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Another machine to look at it the Miller 250P it’s just a mig welder but with pulse. For your average person that’s more than enough welder and will weld anything you want. You get good with the pulse mig it’s close to tig quality especially with the new 4943 wire. That’s my next welder with a push pull gun.

I spend more more time tig welding than anything else. Turbo manifolds, intake manifolds, intercooler piping... Just wanting a machine where mig is an option for the times where its needed. Instead of having 2 units I figured replace the aging unit with an all in one.

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm going to recommend something different, look at the Lincoln Squarewave 200. It's only TIG/Stick, but I also already had the MIG machine and saved almost $2g going this route.

The Millermatic 220 doesn't have the option of pulse on AC TIG, the Lincoln does. The Lincoln has an AC balance of 60%-90%, the Miller is only 60%-80%. The drawback is the Lincoln has a max Tig output of 200amps, and 170amps for stick, where the Miller is 210amps and 200amps respectively. The duty cycle for both machines is 20% at 200 amps, but at 130amps the Lincoln is 60%, and the Miller only 40%.

I'm happy with my choice, only downside to this machine is the torch, it overheats quick at high amperage settings, but I feel the Miller 220 torch would be the same, and buying a bigger torch later is easy. Generally I prefer Miller machines over Lincoln, but in this case for the Aluminum welding I wanted to do the Lincoln Squarewave 200 was the better option, especially when cost was factored in.

Lunch_Box

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya I noticed both the Esab and Miller don't have pulse on AC tig mode, but the Everlast unit does. Was even looking at the Everlast Lightning MTS 275.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I spend more more time tig welding than anything else. Turbo manifolds, intake manifolds, intercooler piping... Just wanting a machine where mig is an option for the times where its needed. Instead of having 2 units I figured replace the aging unit with an all in one.

Yah then you’ll want the tig machine. I personally would get a designated tig machine then and a separate mig.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm going to recommend something different, look at the Lincoln Squarewave 200. It's only TIG/Stick, but I also already had the MIG machine and saved almost $2g going this route.

The Millermatic 220 doesn't have the option of pulse on AC TIG, the Lincoln does. The Lincoln has an AC balance of 60%-90%, the Miller is only 60%-80%. The drawback is the Lincoln has a max Tig output of 200amps, and 170amps for stick, where the Miller is 210amps and 200amps respectively. The duty cycle for both machines is 20% at 200 amps, but at 130amps the Lincoln is 60%, and the Miller only 40%.

I'm happy with my choice, only downside to this machine is the torch, it overheats quick at high amperage settings, but I feel the Miller 220 torch would be the same, and buying a bigger torch later is easy. Generally I prefer Miller machines over Lincoln, but in this case for the Aluminum welding I wanted to do the Lincoln Squarewave 200 was the better option, especially when cost was factored in.

I got the 200 Lincoln. Great machine! The torch does get hot fast but no faster than any other air cooled torch. Looking into a water cooler for it.

Grinder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Why no stick with Lincoln? I have the 210mp and it does all mig tig stick and aluminum. Spool gun for aluminum and tig stuff is extra but it covers all the bases.

turbo392

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wouldn’t buy an esab they don’t got a great reputation in the industry. Lots of guy like the everlast welders I personally never tried one but here great things about them. I would personally get a the Miller if I was to buy any of the ones you mentioned. It’s easy to find parts and consumables for them.

While this is true, the price of a new control board on my Miller wasn’t much different than just buying a new Everlast 210EXT, so I sold the broken Miller to the fanbois on Kijiji. I agree on buying dedicated machines vs multiprocess, having a pimped out TIG with all the options is pretty sweet if that is what’s going to be used most.

Top Bottom