Tunnel Polishing

calgarysledguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
For anybody who polishes their own tunnels, what is the best polish to use and what tools and procedure seems to work the best?:hmm:

This is what you need.Time,Beer,Polish,variable speed drill,Green wheel .Dust mask
DSC01175.jpg

croweman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Where do you get the F1 polish? Green wheel, will any fabric polish wheel work? Is this stuff available at Big Box stores or Lordco etc.

Thanks

Hammer800

Reaction score
All great info so far! Thanks. I may have to rethink Boydo's offer . Sounds like he does an amazing job. How much and how long does the sled need to be there?

Toeknee

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dropping my new Poo at Boydo's tomorrow, he had done another sled for me before and it looked awesome. Will post some pictures after it is done

calgarysledguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Peterbuilt truck stores, large truck stops may have it.Green wheel is fairly stiff and worked best for me.Its more coarse......I found med to slow speed work best for me. I did use a white fluffy one to finish it off. Really i don't know how much time he puts into a tunnel.Im sure i got 8 hrs into mine. And i know its not what his looks like. It does look nice.But hey its something to do over the summer.Im sure if i knew what he knows it would take less time :)

Last edited:

kyle019

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I use heavy-metal medium abrasive polish and a clean rag and it works awesome, lil bit of elbow grease but looks like glass when done!

boydo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
honestly there is some (not all!!) polishes that work well, i an biased because i make my own!! you can spend the time and do it yourself, but honestly if you get it done by some one who polishes for a living it "should" be easier to maintain than doing it from scratch! by hand works but will always fade out quicker. think about it, your hand rubbin hard or a machine 3-4000 rpm?? that said you can mess it up or do damage with a machine!! diy or sub it out, all is ok, just depends on your level( or your buddies hecklin) of satisfaction!! there is only one guy in edm that i would ever suggest and he was trained by myself and my business partner for polishing!!

Hooligen

Reaction score
I had rub my tunnel with auto sol every second ride, stays nice and shiny!
I'll second that. I polished half my tunnel with Autosol and the other with medium F1 just to see if there was a difference and the Autosol was noticeably shinier. Keep in mind the F1 is a 3 step system and after the 3 steps it may have been a bit more compareable but i'd rather do it once than 3 times. IMO. Scratch that i'd rather get boydo to do it. Snow and mud just payed itself off by hearing about that guy. Leave it to the professionals.

Phat Cat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I used to use Mothers and a buffing wheel or bonnet that you can get from princess auto. I was sold on the dri wash stuff that I bought at a sled show. I like it because once you rub it on and it all turns black then let it dry to a haze like wax. Then rub it off. East to use. More info on it here.

dirtbag

Reaction score
lots of ideas,a few people mentioned how ,and thats get your supplies from peterbuilt..mothers ect. is only for maitanance.. 1105012306.jpg

Top Bottom