trail system near nordegg

storm1972

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
does anyone know if the trail system around shunda lake/ fish lake on the trunk road is closed or open, we were thinking about hitting that area up for a few days, and just wanted some insight into the area, backcountry map shows a lot of trails in the area right at the bridge crossing on 734 where the sask river crosses the road. We havent been into that area since last year when we went to the north ram river. Any info would be great thanks:beer:

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looks like most of bighorn is still closed ,so we will see if they open it. I dought it though....Will keep watching....

storm1972

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i looked on srds website and showed a major portion around the dam , and joyce creek alymer/ closed but i couldnt find anything on the area north of there , the srd map only shows the alymer creek/ joyce creek trails as closed, and i am unsure what the other trail system to the north along 735 is called.

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
With them closed the north trails will be a gong show, however with the rain there are some nice trails up there ,just not a few days worth....

storm1972

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well we going to head there wed evening any fellow snow and mudders are welcome to join us just shoot me a message, and we can get to getehr for some riding and a few drinks around a fire/

storm1972

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
sent you a pm rzr, hopefully the attachment with the map worked if not just give me a shout on my cell

Ramjet15x

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Storm,
Was out at Saunders two weeks ago and crossed over to Shunda, tons of great trails, fur and feathers came into camp and gave out in excess of $1000 to neighbour camp for various discrepancies,
$110 for my bud for not having registration with him but having the vehicle registered, as he could see it on his screen, seems that should be good enough???
Young cop making his presence known...
He even tried to get me for concealing my license plate in the factory location on my outty, chump!
road the rail line both ways, valentine trail etc

Top Bottom