Stupid Thing I Done Did

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Arff run over. - YouTube

Here is the story. We sold our pink rzr the one the wife drove. Bought a 900 xp. Went out riding. After a beer or two. Val was driving and I would take a video.

End result I end up in the hospital. Doctor says I am only bruised. Well a year later still knee pain. Have a MRI. It shows tibial plateau fracture. Had knee surgery February 4 th. Now still off work...

Will see what dumb chit I do this summer...Stay tuned...

brutematt750

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Re: Stupid Things I Done Did

Holy chit , you really got ran over !!!
All this time I thought it was just a little bump or your foot or something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

007sevens

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That is the longest second toe I have ever seen. Did it hook the rock and get stretched?

This one time at Snowandmud camp I got dropped off at my camper by a pink razor and in an effort to finish my beer before bed fell asleep on the picnic table....

Wife was not impressed.....

Another time I refused to fix the brakes on my moto-4 (brakes are for puzzies) came to a corner too fast an instinct kicked in, down went my foot on the brake, no pressure, middle toe caught a rock, toenail pulled off...well 90% off, I had to finish it off with a dog bone in my teeth and a bottle of vodka for antiseptic & pain killer.

View attachment 168650View attachment 168651

meatbag

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Beach Corner-Just follow the tracks from the liquo
Well. That was just absolutely...disgusting and it's still grossing me out. I hate feet to begin with, then you show me this?!?! It's burned into my mind now....Need a rum...
This one time at Snowandmud camp I got dropped off at my camper by a pink razor and in an effort to finish my beer before bed fell asleep on the picnic table....

Wife was not impressed.....

Another time I refused to fix the brakes on my moto-4 (brakes are for puzzies) came to a corner too fast an instinct kicked in, down went my foot on the brake, no pressure, middle toe caught a rock, toenail pulled off...well 90% off, I had to finish it off with a dog bone in my teeth and a bottle of vodka for antiseptic & pain killer.

View attachment 168650View attachment 168651

meatbag

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Check this out...I ride the rivers quite a bit. My friend wanted to experience it too. I used to make decent cash fixing peoples jets(a sidejob) when they would catch a rock, damage their pumps etc...I would repair them. My buddy was a "river rookie" and couldn't quite read the river yet. I told him to follow me Exactly, not straying from my line or he could possibly catch a rock, then a tow home. Well, it took about 20 minutes till he got all overconfident and cocky and picked up a big impeller shredding rock. He said he followed my line but I KNOW he was lying. His eyes were shifting back and forth all sneaky like...
After a mild tantrum he took out on a helpless floating log that was just minding it's own business, I towed him back to the launch and I loaded my seadoo, he then proceeded to back his truck in and...he kept going! He drowned his truck AND wrecked his jet pump all within an hour! His truck computer is located under the passenger seat and got soaked. I helped him load his seadoo on his truck after he had a few moments of uncontrolled rage against a poor hapless innocent bush. I had a long *sigh*, then I hooked a rope to his truck and pulled it out of the river over to my place 5 minutes away. It took 2 days for that stupid computer to dry out and I finally got his truck OFF my driveway. I didn't ride with him too much more. His tantrums were too stressful for me. Rookies...

My brothers and I were down at N.Sask river fishing, he had just got a new truck that was a standard. We were getting ready to go and I thought I would be helpful and start the truck for him not being old enough to understand it was in gear, the truck took off with our younger brother standing in the box. I did figure out to hit the brakes about 10 feet from the riverbank. Will never forget the looks on everyone's faces!

Attachments

• IMG_1456.jpg
    IMG_1456.jpg
    178.2 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_1500.jpg
    IMG_1500.jpg
    223 KB · Views: 63
Reactions: RXN

meatbag

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here's some more various rides...all the stories are coming back now...meyesss....
Speaking of stupid things...I remember a guy I know "lost " his jet boat wayyyy upriver one night(it came untied from a tree while having a fire). A midnight seadoo rescue was attempted but even though I know the river pretty good I didn't see the gravel bar that stranded me later that night.

I was flying around the shore(as usual) on sunny afternoon near the Edmonton Queen(our city riverboat). Well, all the people were watching me tear around the soft silty sandbanks then jumping the wake behind the Queen. It was fun! I then started ripping to the far side of the river, cut a hard left at full throttle, then zig zagged a bit. I was standing reading the water while weaving effortlessly avoiding the sandbanks. I hooked another hard left to head towards the Queen which was in the middle of the river. All I heard was a "SWISH and SPLASH" it happened so quick! I had hit a barely visible patch of sand at speed. The seadoo went from about 50-60kmh to 0 in 1 second! It stopped so quick and hard I kept going over the bars (the swish noise of my lifejacket over the handlebar pad) and skidded on my chest in the sand, which was covered by about 2" of water and acted like skidding lube(the splash noise). It knocked the air out of me and I remember hearing ALL the passengers laughing at me as I lay there with my face half in the water trying to breathe. Some were waving cameras saying "I got it, I got it!" One said "do it again!" I though I'd be on a funniest home video show for sure! How embarrassing.

I remember when my seadoo handlebar nut came loose as I was cutting a hard turn in an ice field and my steering let go. I was stranded on a large ice burg for a while. I saw a guy looking at me from a long ways away. Probably wondered what I was doing on an ice burg eating a sandwich. He waved to me then went away. Good thing I had snacks.

I did get stranded in Pigeon lake for 14 hours one time as my Seadoo sunk...but thats a story in itself!

I used to go to Wabamun in the winter some times when we had a warm spell. I would drag a friend out there and play in the unfrozen areas while all the ice fisher's watched with envy.

Last summer I towed my buddy up a rapid'y river about 30 km to meet up with a crew of friends camping with their canoes. I put him in a tube tied really really close to the back of the seadoo. I had to stand and read the river. We got looks but we made it! We arrived to very loud alcohol inspired cheers and random shouts only a drunken mob of hobo's, our friends, could supply. That was intense. Probably not the smartest thing to do but it sure was fun!

Attachments

• IMG_1498.jpg
    IMG_1498.jpg
    242.9 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_1499.jpg
    IMG_1499.jpg
    254 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_1497.jpg
    IMG_1497.jpg
    238.1 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_1459.jpg
    IMG_1459.jpg