Should I get rid of my fox float 2's?

kdrpjr

Reaction score
HI just wondering if anyone has any input on the idea of changing my fox floats out for a set of xtx stocks shocks? I have a 2010 mtx and cnat stand the ride its too rough i tried different psi's but desnt work. can i just swap them out? i want to change front susp. and both back susp. shocks will it work? and would it be a better ride?

bholmlate

Reaction score
Kdrpjr.
Have you considered upgrading them to EVOLS. You can upgrade the fox floats for about $150 a shock. It is suppose to be a major improvement over the float and float 2 shocks. I believe the kit swaps out the valve stack and adds the air reservoir to improve the performance of the shock. I was planning on doing this before i lost my job this year.

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My son just took the Floats off the front of his Nytro & went back to the stock coilover shocks. He's way happier now. I talked to a guy a couple weeks ago that has the Evol's on the front end of a Nypex, and he's not that impressed with them. I have Float 2's on my new Nytro but haven't had a chance to ride the sled yet, though after 2 Cat's with air shocks up front I'm not really a fan of them. Just too unpredictable. They seem to work fine in the skid though.

Top Bottom