Shipping parts from the states?

UnknownCallsign

Reaction score
Hello everyone! Ive compiled a list parts for my proclimb and ranger/bronco hybrid...
looking at about $800 in parts for the proclimb and 1200 in parts for the toy truck.
my question is for guys who have purchased parts from the states andis what was the associated shipping costs, like the taxes/tariffs/duty ext. on these sorts of "made in usa" parts? I remember when i Was a kid and i bought some paintball gear and the duty/tariffs/brokerage costs ended up being as much as my goods. Really hoping things are different with this stuff.

Ape

Reaction score
You can beat the ups extortion fees very easily. Tell them you wish to self clear when they call about package arrival. Go down and get a copy of the paper work or have shipper fax you a copy of paper work with ups number on it. You then have to go to the nearest CBS Canadian border services office. Ours is at the airport. Hand them the paper work and tell them you are self clearing a ups package and ask for a B-15 form. At this time you will pay for any taxes due to the government usually pst gst or hst whichever applies to your province. You will then have to fax the paper work you just got from the CBS office to ups. They will then waive the fees due and they will clear your package for pickup. All done. The last two parcels I had shipped in ups tried to charge me $42 and 35 dollars my cost on each was $7 and $0 so well worth the little bit of work involved and the extra day or so it took to clear ups. It may take an extra day or so to have ups clear the package as they will try and make life hard for your not wanting to pay extortion fees but the hell with them I can wait an extra day or so. If you need any help just pm me and I will help you out.

catinthehat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Like ferniesnow says, use usps or if you live close enough to the border use the Montana shipping outlet as most places in the states have free shipping within the US. Works quite well and gives you a chance to get cheap beer too.

magnet32

Reaction score
I ordered $1000.00 worth of stuff ,shipped UPS and it cost me $128 when they delivered it . UPS did all customs paper work for me , I've tried self clear and hiring my own broker and unless you buy and ship lots it not worth the headache . In my opinion . Or fed ex they do same thing only cost more but faster service

doorfx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ship usps . ups is a ripoff

X2 I get a lot of stuff from the USA. USPS is the only way to go. It's tracked and no brokerage. Once out of every 20 packages if that , ill get a notice stating I owe $8 in brokerage fees and GST, duty. This only happens on new items. Be forewarned they have the right to rip your parcel apart looking for anything illegal

JMCX

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You can beat the ups extortion fees very easily. Tell them you wish to self clear when they call about package arrival. Go down and get a copy of the paper work or have shipper fax you a copy of paper work with ups number on it. You then have to go to the nearest CBS Canadian border services office. Ours is at the airport. Hand them the paper work and tell them you are self clearing a ups package and ask for a B-15 form. At this time you will pay for any taxes due to the government usually pst gst or hst whichever applies to your province. You will then have to fax the paper work you just got from the CBS office to ups. They will then waive the fees due and they will clear your package for pickup. All done. The last two parcels I had shipped in ups tried to charge me $42 and 35 dollars my cost on each was $7 and $0 so well worth the little bit of work involved and the extra day or so it took to clear ups. It may take an extra day or so to have ups clear the package as they will try and make life hard for your not wanting to pay extortion fees but the hell with them I can wait an extra day or so. If you need any help just pm me and I will help you out.

This sounds good other than I have never had a call from them before they attempt delivery. Also, it would seem the moment the seller has shipped the item he could send you the paperwork and you could be ready the moment they phone.

I ordered $1000.00 worth of stuff ,shipped UPS and it cost me $128 when they delivered it . UPS did all customs paper work for me , I've tried self clear and hiring my own broker and unless you buy and ship lots it not worth the headache . In my opinion . Or fed ex they do same thing only cost more but faster service

You got lucky. Usually it's more like $45 brokerage for a $50 item and some kind of sliding scale from there.

Ape

Reaction score
The last package I bought they didn't even clear it themselves I got a call asking if I wished to clear it myself. They faxed me the paper work and I did as above. If they deliver it tell them to hold a depot and that you will self clear do as needed and then have them reschedule a delivery.

Top Bottom