RSI handwarmer installation

75crew

Reaction score
Hi guys. I've got new bars, warmers, etc. and am considering how best to match them up with the current wiring (original cork style) with black, orange, and orange blue stripe. The RSI's have red, white, and blue. Can you open the connector to replace the wires or should I just solder and shrinkwrap somewhere? Also, I'm assuming the configuration of the wiring on the heaters will lead me to which wire matches which? Can't ride so gotta wrench!

Thanks.

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i just added these to my polaris, i cut the stock wires off right at the factory element and soldered and heat shrinked the new and old wires together then heat shrinked the whole three wire connection together, so my new connector is about 10 inches longer than stock but i just have the extra under the hood.

The instructions in the rsi kit specify what the rsi wire colors are, and it specifies what the ski-doo wire color are so you can properly match them. if you do not have these instructions in the kit i have them and can tell you tomorrow.

freeride73

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just soldered the wires together. Originally (after a lot of time and swearing) I got the pins out of the the connector. Once the hand warmers came in they didn't have the pins on the hand warmers. I asked at the dealership and they sell the pins at $9/pin!!! 3 wires per side would have cost $54 for both. Hence I soldered them. Th RSI's have a matchup on the instructions on matching them up. Hope this helps.

75crew

Reaction score
Hey Thanks. I was considering opening the connector. Glad I didn't. I haven't opened the package yet so hopeully the instructions are in their somewhere.

Top Bottom