Rental trailers

truckasaurus

Reaction score
I've just bought a new truck and fitted the bed out for work so no way to load my quad. I'm going to buy a 16' car hauler from down south when I can get around to it but I need to hual my Polaris Sportsman this friday for a littlle RnR. I was thinking of renting an open utilty from Uhaul, but noticed that the 4x8 enclosed are cheaper and easier to locate. Any reasons why I can't stuff an 800lb machine in, tie it down some and go?

Oh and that 45mph sticker is just a legal thing isn't it?

jono.2

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
do it up! are you putting the machine inside the trailer or on top? i think both would be fine.

truckasaurus

Reaction score
Jono

Thanks for the reply.

Uhaul seem OK with me using the 5x8 enclosed and just tying the Polaris down so I'll pick one up tomorrow and see how it goes.

twin turbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
do it up! are you putting the machine inside the trailer or on top? i think both would be fine.

Check the width's of the inside of the trailer and your quad, my quad is way over 4 ft wide and some trailer's only give you the out side width not the true inside...:twocents:

truckasaurus

Reaction score
Good point, I know the quad fitted between the arches on my old '03 Dodge so must be around 4' but I'll take a tape and check it out. It'll be my first tow experience with the Tundra so I'm hoping it goes well.

Top Bottom