Rear suspension

REV2XHEART

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Got a new summit with raptor front shocks. Haven't ridden enough to dial them in yet really but they should be good.

Guys that have them have you put them on their softest setting? seems to me you can set them up crazy stiff and while they can get softened up it doesn't seem equivalent. Again though I have to ride it more.

I never changed anything with the stock rear suspension though. Thought about going raptors then thought it would be too complicated tweaking it all the time. thought about going a k mod skid as well but that seems extreme. One outfit says to send out the rears and get them set up for my weight and riding style and to put a different rear shock in. Enzo racing does the setup I guess.

Has anyone does this. Is there a noticeable difference? The front end of the sled seems to come up easy so I think hill climbing while I don't do much of it might be a handfull. Would a better rear suspension help out a bit.

iceman5689

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just gonna have to find a sweet spot for youre weight and riding style. They are a great improvement from stock set up, especially when it come to whooped out trails.

Biggs456

Reaction score
Website
www.raptorshocks.com
I'm surprised you find them stiff. You are fairly tall. Are you riding way back on the sled? That would maybe explain the ski lift a little as well and stiffness if you aren't putting much weight on the front. Did you get our tuning instructions when you bought them? If you click on the service tab on our website we have some stuff listed there that might help. Otherwise give Jake a call at 218 242 0614 and he can help you out.

Jonathon
Raptor Performance Shocks

REV2XHEART

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I remember the dealer talking about tuning instructions or going over something but thats all I heard of it. Been talking to a buddy and he has been looking into it. I think we have some more playing around to do. I am going to make sure of a few things before I jump to conclusions.

Top Bottom