Question about brp full synthetic injection oil

sledder325

Reaction score
I am rebuilding a 2008 800r ptek motor.
i was wondering for my initial first test ride i want to pre mix my first tank of gas, but i only have brp full synthetic injection oil, do you think that would be ok 2 use as pre mix or do u think i should buy mix oil, also wanna ad that the oil injector is hooked up just want to have re assurance just incase something goes wrong with oil pump like air in the oil line etc.
i plan on mixing the gas 50:1.

slededjr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Buy mix oil. Just grab a 1L bottle of Castrol or what ever from Crappy tire or Napa

brian h

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
with oil injection hooked up i dont think you need to go with 50:1, when we did our engines we just used injection oil and put some in fuel tank
50:1 and injection pump will be to much oil in my opinion

brian h

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
most engine rebuilders have different views on synthetic or non synthetic oil for break in. alot of it depends on how cylinder is finished.how cylinder is finished also depends on how long break in period is. yes non synthetic was recomended years ago before finishing process improved to how it is done nowadays. fuel and limited choke is more of a concerne than synthetic or non synthetic oil. vary rpm during break in.no excessive heat

Top Bottom