paint lake

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I haven't....but reports into the Sledshed are that Area51 has the best conditions out there right now.

SNAFU

Reaction score
This is one of my favorite areas to ride but there has been logging going on the last couple of years that made access tough.

Does anyone know what is happening this year?

springer

Reaction score
found the conditions at area 51 excellent with 2 to 3 ft of new snow. there is logging to km 14 and the road was very icy.

snoflake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Make sure when going in there you a raod radio with the logging frequenzy. you have to call in every km, and do not go up there with out tire chains. if you spin out on a hill and you slow down the logging trucks, you will not get a very warm welcome. If the sledders piss off or slow the logging trucks down, we will likely see the road and area closed off to sledders.

springer

Reaction score
would suggest that you unload at km 0 and sled up the road and be very carefull regarding the logging trucks. you will not make it up the road pulling a small trailer without chains on. i would not like to meet a logging truck on this road with a half ton only as the pull overs are very few.

Sofa King much pow

Reaction score
It is illlegal and very dangerous to ride on plowed road.
lotsa people have been run over by pick ups and trucks.

snoflake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
last year guys were riding sleds up the logging road at Mcrea, and i am pretty sure sledders were banned from using the road. i am not sure what exactly happened, but those were the rumors. i do not recommend riding you sled up the road.

canuck5

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Make sure when going in there you a raod radio with the logging frequenzy. you have to call in every km, and do not go up there with out tire chains. if you spin out on a hill and you slow down the logging trucks, you will not get a very warm welcome. If the sledders piss off or slow the logging trucks down, we will likely see the road and area closed off to sledders.

This is the proper way if your sledding during the week. Sledding on the plowed roads is a good way to get the are shut down. Also remember they dont log on the weekends.

snowzombie

Reaction score
Sofa King much pow Re: paint lake

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It is illlegal and very dangerous to ride on plowed road.

It is illegal as sofa king said and McCrae was shut down last season.
https://acrobat.com/#d=v3oWhKkMvFIETQs4TQAmkQ

Radio is a must have as are chains. Logging isn't active but there is weekend traffic as well, service vehicles run in and out of there on the weekend while working on equipment.
Following a truck in is not the best idea as the turnouts cannot accomadate the logging truck and a pickup and sled trailer. Don't expect the guys your keeping from doing their job to be to accomidating if your in their way.

Top Bottom