Other M8's died during a climb??

suzuki_ryder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi guys just a question to see if anyones experienced this but, I was climbing a long hill wot in westridge for about a minute when my sled died halfway up. Almost like as if my teather cord was pulled(it wasn't) I didn't look to see if my guage was still lit or not so I'm not sure what to think? Any thoughts? It's stock and I was running premium, and there was no engine light. Ive ridden it lots since then but just curious for others opinions. Thanks.

snowseeker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mine did that till I took out the safety throttle switch and then it was gone. They have had a few problems with them when u have it the the bar or wide open and sitely let off a hair with out even knowing that u did. Easy fix.

suzuki_ryder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The throttle override makes sense. I have a teather cord That I actually use all the time so I'll just disconnect it. And it's an 09. I'll try all these ideas, they won't hurt. Thanks guys!

Al "ley Cat"

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Same thing would happen to me when my fuel got to about 1/4 full.Would put in the spare jerry can and it ran good untill 1/4 again.finally a buddy was looking in the gas tank and noticed that at 1/4 full is at the same height as fuel line conection to the fuel pump.Pulled out pump , pickups and found that the conection was lose.crimped the clamp a little more and havent had a propblem since .Hope this helps.

m8magic

Reaction score
if your stock you get better performance with regular vs premium

Steve D

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Iam not sure i would advise that

To be clear, the 2007 to 2009 800 runs better on regular. The 2010 and up 800 requires premium. To be doubly clear, I'm talking about a stock sled... obviously some mods need more octane.

1200 miles on my 2009 with nothing but 87.

Not gonna say you should run any old farm gas, but good clean, fresh 87 is what my cat wants, is what my cat gets.

suzuki_ryder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It was my throttle safety switch. It hasn't caused me problem since. And ya I do run just 87, I keep my stuff stock,not even a can. I prefer reliability, and I haven't found anything where I need more power yet. Thanks again for the help!

slomo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It was my throttle safety switch. It hasn't caused me problem since. And ya I do run just 87, I keep my stuff stock,not even a can. I prefer reliability, and I haven't found anything where I need more power yet. Thanks again for the help!
then you havent looked hard enough:d:beer:

Top Bottom