Octane productions - A new women's backcountry snowmobile film!

Skadi

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hello all! Just wanted to announce that Brandy Floyd and myself have partnered up with Kobra Ki Productions to bring you a full length backcountry sledchick film this fall. We have been furiously filming and not finished yet!

Some of you may be famliar with Kobra Ki's youtube channel and so you know his talent of both capturing footage and editing it. Here's an example of footage he's gathered this year so far. It isn't just us ladies, but still quite enjoyable! ;)

You Toob clicky

On most of our filming days we've been spoiled rotten to have a FABULOUS photographer, Zack Kinnear, with us. He's provided us thousands of pictures to choose from, we're in heaven! LOL

Here's a little bit of sneek peek of what's to follow... we'll add more as time goes on too! :rockon:

Lisa jumping a creek gap!
lisa2.jpg

Linda showing us how a downhill carve goes!
linda2.jpg

Cedar hooking it back up through the trees.
cedar.jpg

Emilie off a nice backcountry root ball!
em2.jpg

Brandy dropping a cornice at Mt. Baker.
b.jpg

We are not a set TEAM with this adventure. We are looking to showcase the best of the backcountry ladies out there so if you are interested in filming with us, get a hold of us at Octane's email. OR if you know someone who would be interested, send them our way! We are an open book looking to write something exciting! :face-icon-small-coo

We've already filmed with Cedar Heinle, Brandy Floyd, Linda Batterton, Lisa Granden, tried to catch up with Amy Casto but that's a hard one to follow.. lol And of course myself! This weekend we are headed to Revy to catch up with Megan MacDougall on her wicked pink T-Nytro and Michelle Dumaresq who will also hopefully be sporting a new T-Nytro by the weekend!

We are working HARD to get footage of Sarah Whipple to add some spice to this film! And have Chute days planned for the spring with myself, Lisa, Amy F and Shannon Barngrover (RMSHA Women's King of the Hill in 2010 if memory serves me right!). We also have Jeanette submitting some footage from down in Utah and are looking for ANY and ALL talented women riders who would like to be a part of this!

We currently have a Facebook page up to keep you all entertained with some new pictures of our adventures and will have a full website up SOON!

skidoogirl

Reaction score
Looking forward to the rest of the season filming and riding with some talented women! And to getting some great footage, Shaun does an amazing job, as does Zach!!!

Thanks guys!

CoyoteGirl

Reaction score
A few pictures from this past weekend in Revelstoke with Emilie, Michelle Dumaresq on her 1 day old TNytro and myself. It should be lawful to have THIS much fun...

Me all weekend --------------->:d

Michelle telling us where she's off to next..
225151_119663288112558_116896251722595_165153_3230377_n.jpg

Brandy
225056_119667658112121_116896251722595_165187_6653565_n.jpg

Em
224896_119661871446033_116896251722595_165133_7435551_n.jpg

Michelle wheeli'n
IMG_5351rs.jpg

Em
224896_119661871446033_116896251722595_165133_7435551_n.jpg

Brandy
222484_119661771446043_116896251722595_165130_7348368_n.jpg

We found a fun kicker...
215582_119667708112116_116896251722595_165189_5310566_n.jpg

Em
IMG_5398rs.jpg

Michelle
IMG_5320rs.jpg

doublek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Awesome pictures and video!The other videos on that youtube account are also excellent.

Skadi

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Awesome pictures and video!The other videos on that youtube account are also excellent.

Thanks!! Shaun does amazing work and we're super excited to have him totally dedicate himself to this project. I'm sad cause it means he won't be putting out as many little clips of the guys he rides with usually but I'm SUPER excited to see what he can put together with us!!! He seems to be too and was very stoked with the footy we got this past weekend!!

What a killer two days in Revy and Michelle was a ROCK STAR on her new turbo!! Can't wait to see what she can accomplish once she has that sled dialed in!!

(Oh, and I just got the news that my turbo install might be happening this weekend! It was KILLIN me to sit there while she climbed stuff!!)

We still have PLENTY of spring riding to do and a few good filming weekends lined up so stay tuned for teaser pics and we'll get a teaser out to you mid summer or so to take the edge off the heat! ;)

skidoogirl

Reaction score
I'm so excited for this film, knowing the quality of work Shaun is doing it will be amazing! Of course also because all of the women are pushing hard and riding hard to put it together! It's not going to just be a women's film, I'm stoked to see an aggressive backcountry film of riding that many people wish they could do! Glad to see a chick conquered the Monster!

PINKalicious

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good Job girls i cant wait to see it!!! P.S. Michelle :thumbsup2: on the new sled! so jealous!!

Last edited:

chelle

Marathon Truck Decks
Reaction score
Em you already rock that sled, I can't wait to see you whip it with a spinner in there. We totally have to ride again. I heading back to Revy again this weekend. I just can't get enough.

M.

boostbaby

Reaction score
I'm so excited for this film, knowing the quality of work Shaun is doing it will be amazing! Of course also because all of the women are pushing hard and riding hard to put it together! It's not going to just be a women's film, I'm stoked to see an aggressive backcountry film of riding that many people wish they could do! Glad to see a chick conquered the Monster!

Too bad the footy for the Monster climb is unusable... :( could have been a good edition for a yeah girl moment! Maybe next time...

Skadi

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Actually I posted over on SW... I THINK it's useable... Shaun said it isn't super high quality but we mightbe able to salvage it!!! Still don't want to promise anythin cause I'm not doing the editing but the word is it was in better condition than we all thought it would be after B's description of herself shaking with excitement the whole time and no tripod!!!

CoyoteGirl

Reaction score
the word is it was in better condition than we all thought it would be after B's description of herself shaking with excitement the whole time and no tripod!!!

LOL, yup, that was me! ;) Luckily I was smart enough not to HOLD the camera in my hands.. built myself a little shanty tripod on the seat of my sled. Got my fingers crossed!

Here's where I get bummed though... I don't have any PICTURES to share of that, since I was filming! :(

W.O.T.

Reaction score
I think it is cool that you gals are capturing some of the amazing female talent out there in the backcountry.

What bothers me is some of the comments I’ve seen posted that cut down other womens’ achievements. You claim to be supporters and promoters of women in the sport, but the only people you seem to support is yourselves.

REAL women riders are out there riding for the love of the sport, not to get caught on camera and become superstars. REAL women riders support each other and build each other up for even the smallest achievements.

I wish you girls all the success in the world, but I really hope you come back down to earth first!

Pistonbroke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think it is cool that you gals are capturing some of the amazing female talent out there in the backcountry.

What bothers me is some of the comments I’ve seen posted that cut down other womens’ achievements. You claim to be supporters and promoters of women in the sport, but the only people you seem to support is yourselves.

REAL women riders are out there riding for the love of the sport, not to get caught on camera and become superstars. REAL women riders support each other and build each other up for even the smallest achievements.

I wish you girls all the success in the world, but I really hope you come back down to earth first!

Repped this post! :perfect10:

Top Bottom