New Polaris quad?

zeebs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Check this out. Looks like popo is gonna maybe come with a single seat rzr? :confused:

Whats everybodys thoughts? Or is this old news?

Sent while using Tapatalk 2

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I heard stories of such a thing.

Note to all you UTV guys: you can undo your seatbelt and run out your OWN winch line when you get stuck. No swamper with this bad boy.

slade420

Reaction score
i read about this one rzrforums.net, seems a guy spotted a few single seaters out testing in the AZ desert, along with what the guy thought was a new rzr XP. from the description of the patent and what the guy said he saw, it was a stretched sportsman chassis with a seat and a cage and the 570cc motor. It seems like it would be more like a one-seater Ranger (workhorse) than a pure sport machine like the rzr. it does seem like it would be a fun little toy, though. what the final product will look like and when it will be released is anyones guess.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
except for the fact that a maverick doesnt have the same reliablity as a rzr
that's hilarious....a commander is twice the build quality of a rzr. my bud has an xp, in 2 seasons he has had a new motor, 2 axles, and had to replace wheel bearings twice. nice machine, but reliable and maintenance free? hardly....

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had a few of them, when they came in red and the full rollcage. We use to have rollover competitions....... LOL
they were stupid fun, honda was just 20 years too early with them. wonder if they still hold some kind of patent on the design

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
they were stupid fun, honda was just 20 years too early with them. wonder if they still hold some kind of patent on the design

They were a lot of fun, having a guy hang on the back and going for the longest cat walk....... I wonder if Honda does still hold it? I know shortly after the oddessy, in the States. Guy's were running a MONGOOSE, single seater, full roll cage and usually a GSXR 1100 motor. The 750's were pretty popular too, but didn't have the torque of an 1100

dodgeguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Very interesting questionnaire I found on another (mostly american) forum....well read a couple questions for yourself!! I was even selected as a candidate....hahaha
How interested would you be in a new type of ATV that has a roll cage, seat belt and a single-rider seating position, more similar to an off-road jeep?

and then...

Congratulations! You are one of a select group of owners who have the opportunity to help a major U.S. manufacturer of off-road vehicles by participating in a ride study.

The study will be taking place the week of March 11, 2013 in Seymour, MO (the Springfield, MO area). Your appointment will last approximately 2 hours. This includes riding and evaluating five off-road vehicles, including prototypes that have not yet been released to the public. If you qualify and participate, you will receive $200 for your time - plus, you'll have the opportunity to evaluate prototypes that are not on the market yet!

Can we contact you about potentially participating in this exciting ride clinic?

Makes ya wonder.....hmmm

dodgeguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
With all the new parts in this thing now, if it happens again I'm thinkin...."wienie roast" hahaha

Which reminds me I owe you a set of booster cables don't I...?

bigz64

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
im more impressed that your can search patents on google like that

Top Bottom