Neils Power Pipe OR Specialty X for the Etec....??? Any ideas or suggestions

Circled-Mistake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone tried a Neils Power Pipe on their Etec????? Been researching and they seem to be an OK pipe for quality... Also looking at a Specialty X pipe from Specialty Performance in St Albert.... Don't want to dump money on a can without having some good feedback.... My Power-Tek ran awesome with a specialty and sounded ridiculous... would love to get that sound back if I could.... Just spent a chit-load of $$ at the show and another 400$$ on a can that I don't like or doesn't work on an Etec will be a bit of a waste for me...
2013 Summit 163 X
Thanks and cheers!!!!!!!

Circled-Mistake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thats making it an easier decision... No issues with egt probe or any adverse effects on fuel system ??

Dont want to drop the bomb and wreck my new X!!!!!!! But it seems Neils knows what he is doing!!!!!! I called and he said he can tighten it up a bit for more power but risk damage...... Weight savings Im thinking are the main goal but have u had performance gains??? Im gonna get a y-pipe too but dont know what kind yet...

MarkCos

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pull ur wallet out and stop thinking
as Neil's power pipes rulez
U can Evan tell him how u want it to
sound

thiels2

Reaction score
The loudest can specialty sells is actually made by neil and sold by specialty just picked one up at the sled show put it on my 2011 etec sounds awesome.. ran same one on my ptek and worked well wouldnt think of going with anything else.

Redturbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Whats even better is, Neil is a local guy. Grew up in the Lloyd area, to the west abit. Been in edm for awhile now.

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And an awesome guy to boot. Helped me out before a long weekend one time by fixing the exhaust system on my dirtbike that I had crashed. Would have been a long boring weeked without my bike. Neil got everything fixed in no time and was unreal how reasonable his price was on it. Great guy.

snowthing

Reaction score
got 2000km with the npp no problems or codes so far! also just put a crankshop pipe and y-pipe on the sled and no codes so far with that setup for the short ride i took the sled on

Last edited:

UkrainianMudKing

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I also have a NPP can on my 2012 E-Tec, never had a issue with any one his cans, 3rd sled, 3rd can, flawless!

Circled-Mistake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well you all made my mind up... Going with NPP.... Now to decide just can or cooker as well???? What Y-pipe to go with too?? Gonna keep stock pipe... dont want any revving issues...

Top Bottom