mc xpress turbo on an 07 phazer. running like a bag of chit!!!!

09xp850le

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the short of it is, the girlfriend bought this thing from riverside a couple years ago. it never has run right. i dont wanna take it to riverside and pay through the nose just to have it come back running like Chit again for another 2500. it runs great on top if you can get it there. on the bottom it runs really rich and bogs real bad. the turbo kit runs another injector. just wondering if i can disconnect this extra injector and not hurt anything. any help would b muchly appreciated. im putting temp and boost sensors on it this weekend. im also gonna throw the fuel programmer in the trash. any suggestions on a good one?

Last edited by a moderator:

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Re: mc xpress turbo on an 07 phazer. running like a bag of ch!t!!!!

No you can't pull the secondary injector. You'll run lean under boost and burn it down. On an MCX kit that's what's supplying your boost fuel. MCX doesn't modify the stock injector signal. Contact Prince George Yamaha. They're the North American distributor and they're great at answering questions.

Edit: Wait a minute...you have a fuel programmer??? Shouldn't have one on an MCX kit. They come pre-programmed for the sled and you can't change it. All you should have is a boost control. Somethings been modified.

Last edited:

hornydevil

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

the short of it is, the girlfriend bought this thing from riverside a couple years ago. it never has run right. i dont wanna take it to riverside and pay through the nose just to have it come back running like ch!t again for another 2500. it runs great on top if you can get it there. on the bottom it runs really rich and bogs real bad. the turbo kit runs another injector. just wondering if i can disconnect this extra injector and not hurt anything. any help would b muchly appreciated. im putting temp and boost sensors on it this weekend. im also gonna throw the fuel programmer in the trash. any suggestions on a good one?

Soud like maybe a stuck injector, try putting SeaFoam in your bass, it could help. I had problem with my Apex with Mcx at the time and it help.

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Soud like maybe a stuck injector, try putting SeaFoam in your bass, it could help. I had problem with my Apex with Mcx at the time and it help.

How is killing a fish gonna help? :rollinglaugh: Sorry....I couldn't resist!

09xp850le

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

thats hilarious!! il pull the fuel programmer out tonight and c if that does the trick. cuz its pretty bad when a stock phazer will outrun it by 40 lengths off the start

09xp850le

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

No you can't pull the secondary injector. You'll run lean under boost and burn it down. On an MCX kit that's what's supplying your boost fuel. MCX doesn't modify the stock injector signal. Contact Prince George Yamaha. They're the North American distributor and they're great at answering questions.

Edit: Wait a minute...you have a fuel programmer??? Shouldn't have one on an MCX kit. They come pre-programmed for the sled and you can't change it. All you should have is a boost control. Somethings been modified.

ya. its a fookin riverside special. those guys did all the work to it.

hornydevil

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

How is killing a fish gonna help? :rollinglaugh: Sorry....I couldn't resist!
LOL that's how much I pay attention to what I write, technology of auto spelling. I wonted to write "gas" and put one extra "s" at the end of gas, so that's wy "bass" came out....lol

09xp850le

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

took the mountain magic control box off. runs ten times better!!!! reconnected a bunch of hoses that were just hanging, test ran on the lift. it fires up right away and runs way better. thanks for the help guys. now just need to put fresh gas in it and take it for a ride tomorrow night. oh and fixed riversides butcher job on the harness.:beer:

ROBERTSONYAMAHA

Reaction score

If you have any other questions or need help with anything give me a call. - Cody 306-773-4948

Top Bottom