May Conditions

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Renshaw parking at 1 and 2, Trail gravel and dirt with occasional snow until about km 8 then from there pretty good. We ventured back past spirit lake, bluebird day, untracked everywhere. lots of avy's. awesome spring sledding. Well it was good I was blessed with my track blowing apart on the way home at km 27. Thanks to Barry who towed my sled back to the km2. There was only about 15-20 people max on the hill. Trail rough as well but the sun makes it all mushy as it gets into the day.

Well post some pics later.

Going sledding at Belle today. Lisa ended up sick most likely from spoiled food so I'm riding her sled today.

• Admin

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Belle Mountain - May 5, 2013
Parked at top of regular staging area, snow to the edge of where the trail starts but melting fast. Only a small area of dirt approximately 30'. Once your past the logging corner barricade the trail is snow all the way up. We took the short trail up which was a little bumpy but not bad then we took the long way down which was smooth all the way. Up top the snow was settled in open areas with only our tracks. As the day settled in with very warm temps, approx 17 deg the snow was softening up. In the trees and burn it was about 1' and the drifts were good jumping. Rode till about 5 pm had a great end of the season ride to both days. I can post some pics shortly.

• Admin

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Here is some pics from our adventure.

The other thing I did not mention is that as we were driving down the trail we stopped at KM 17, we could see something in the snow in the center of the trail, my buddy picked it up, it was a drivers license. When he read the name it was Courtney, (Snow Angel's) drivers license. Wow! think we better get a group lottery ticket.
Renshaw May 4, 2013
IMG_0880.JPG IMG_0884.JPG
My Track broke on the way home on KM 26, Wow, much better than happening way out at Spirit Lake,
IMG_0889.jpg IMG_0891.jpg

Belle Mountain May 5, 2013
IMG_0918.JPG
Yes Ron riding Lisa's Sled for the day.
IMG_0921.JPG IMG_0923.JPG IMG_0924.JPG

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
looks to me like a dead nytro to end your season.....

mphfreak

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Awesome pics. I love riding this time of year. Darn work getting in the way though..

springer

Reaction score
anyone going up to Renshaw on May long weekend. thinking on hauling the sleds up the trail with quads. did it in late april 2005 and unloaded at km 23. just wandering if this may be to late in the year

• Admin

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
anyone going up to Renshaw on May long weekend. thinking on hauling the sleds up the trail with quads. did it in late april 2005 and unloaded at km 23. just wandering if this may be to late in the year

If you can get in then you most likely can go to km 9 or 10 at the most. There was still a far amount of snow last weekend after that. Keep an eye on this thread as they may be closing the gate at 1 and there wouldn't be access to get In. Why they close the gates, to prevent additional damage to the trail like ruts. And some of the bridges require maintenance this season and this is a liability risk for the club.

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I will let you know tomorrow if the gate will be locked. most likely it will be but you can get up to the snow line with quad pulling your trailer, just not a truck.

springer

Reaction score
Thank you for the good up date and will be keeping up with the post.

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Gates on the Renshaw trail will be locked on Sat.May 11 after 6:00 Pm. I will make sure that there is nobody parked on the trail before locking it. Expect to be locked by about 8:00 pm. If using a quad to go up, the bridge at 16 is not passable as we have to replace it this summer.

Top Bottom