M7 engine light

wapos

Reaction score
Hey Guys,
My M7 has the check engine light on, it runs fine, starts, idles and runs like a top. I have been running regular gas in the tank and wonder if that would do it? otherwise are there any common reasons for light to come on? Thanks for the info.

calgarysledguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Hey Guys,
My M7 has the check engine light on, it runs fine, starts, idles and runs like a top. I have been running regular gas in the tank and wonder if that would do it? otherwise are there any common reasons for light to come on? Thanks for the info.

In the manual it says to run regular gas. So i cant see that being the problem.:beer::beer::beer:

wapos

Reaction score
OK, so I went ridding today, ignored the engine light, then the thermo light comes on, it was a warm day so i packed some snow on the boards and kept heading higher, the light stayed on and I checked the engine a couple of times, but it seemed fine and was running perfect. Then at the end of the day the oil light comes on, now all three lights are on...I towed the sled down the hill just to be on the safe side but am wondering if anyone has seen this before. Next question is does the oil light simply mean you are running low on oil or does it mean there is no oil getting to the engine? I played with the oil sensor and it was not stuck and my tank was 75% full.

slomo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the oil sensors on the older m's i've had always turn the light on,pull the connector and put a bit of dielectric gease in it and that usually shuts it
off,as for the engine light you have to count the flashes and go from there

SledJunky

Reaction score
hey man it is probely a temp issues. Its doesnt take much if your on the hard pack to get her warm.

Top Bottom