m6 cat - what to do?

thriller

Reaction score
just picked up a 05 m6 with low miles and am wondering what the best upgrades would be for the $$.

slomo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
put v force reeds,bikeman stelth pipe and mbrp can and mine goes alright,ordered a 800 big bore kit so i'll see once that is on

thriller

Reaction score
put v force reeds,bikeman stelth pipe and mbrp can and mine goes alright,ordered a 800 big bore kit so i'll see once that is on
What made the biggest difference? Also would I have to buy the boondocker box to run that pipe?

slomo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What made the biggest difference? Also would I have to buy the boondocker box to run that pipe?
no you dont need the box but im sure it would be the best way to go,i put the pipe and reeds at the same time so not too sure about which made the biggest difference

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
don't put reeds, spend your money elsewhere. Won't make much of a difference in the laydown cat engines, just make them harder to start.
Josh

slomo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
don't put reeds, spend your money elsewhere. Won't make much of a difference in the laydown cat engines, just make them harder to start.
Josh
never had a problem starting with these reeds,but thats just my experiance

Linkz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Josh

I also didn't notice harder starting, and the reeds absolutely improved my throttle responce but thats on a M7, maybe that's the difference.

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hmm...most people don't notice enough of a difference to justify putting reeds, maybe it has something to do with the higher elevation? cause most flatlanders that put reeds in there sleds, don't notice much change...

if you go for reeds, you could pick up a set on ebay for a decent price, just look into shipping/duty costs...

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Reeds create air flow,so if you dont do your exuast you will not get the full effect,air box is something else you may consider.Air in Air out,you want the full effect you need to open up the air flow!
My Two cents!
catmando!

Top Bottom