Looking to ride

drgn700

Reaction score
Experienced rider looking to tag along with someone or a group. Like to ride the trails, play in the powder/bowls, some climbing. Nothing too crazy or extreme.

Thanks. :beer:

drgn700

Reaction score
Guess I forgot some important details there. Ha. Looking to ride in the Crowsnest Pass, Sparwood/Fernie area. Just a day trip.

shiznitt100

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
foothill m8 and myself will be at the pipe line tomorrow morning, thinking of staging little later as it suposto warm up, so probably 10 am or so, give a shout if you want to come along, 3fteet plus in the pipeline aperantly hard to get to wranglers cabin, we like the trees and small climbs too, nothing crazy this year, give me a call colin 403-829-3914

Shibby!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Colin,

We are leaving my place shortly after 7-7:30. If you guys get a late start you will likely pass us on the way down. We're going to Castle to board.

Got you message after I hooked up the trailer. Let me know your decisions. Maybe persuade my buddy into another day of boarding if these locations are 'ok" to ride as well!

I'd like to stay the weekend and ride, but my buddy wouldn't have a sled =(

Dobir

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I might join you...got your call...i just left you a message>>>drgn 700.....you want a ride meet me in Fort Macleod...892-3838...

Summit X

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i'd love to join too, where are you guys staging at, the tin shack? anybody else coming from calgary want to truck pool? i'll check back here in a bit.

Dobir

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ya thats where we would likely stage...I sent a message to Drgn 700 as well...the rest of usually ride together and likely johniT...anyways sounds like the tentative plan is meet there about 10....I missed Colins call and left him a message....I will pm ya....do you usually take 22 or do you come to Macleod..we could meet somewhere and join up in one unit..

Dobir

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looks like tin shack around 10:30 to 11:00 to allow it to warm up a bit...

shiznitt100

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hey shib its so easy drop your bud off at the hill there is alot of hills down there pick him up sunday night lol kidding of course.

as dobir say we be at tin shack 10-1030 ian and myself are staying the weekend some where in the pass, you want to ship him grey hound and stay for another day of sledding let me know..

Shibby!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hey shib its so easy drop your bud off at the hill there is alot of hills down there pick him up sunday night lol kidding of course.

as dobir say we be at tin shack 10-1030 ian and myself are staying the weekend some where in the pass, you want to ship him grey hound and stay for another day of sledding let me know..

Haha.

If that were an option I would... hum... Wonder how I can work this. Sucks to drive all the way back the following day but that is also tempting!

I'll maybe give you a gingle tomorrow morning while we drive down there. Maybe can make some last minute decisions as we go.

Talk to you later! (sorry for missing yet another call! Packing gear!)

Summit X

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i'm headed down from calgary to ride with the boys, and just making a day trip of it. if you need somebody brought back to the city i can probbaly help out.... call me (cory) @ 403-465-1489

Dobir

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Had a decent day staging from the tin shack at Corbin. Shiznit, foothills M8, Summit x, and a buddy of Shiznits headed out once it warmed to -16...around 11:30. The pipeline is tracked up and the sides that are powder there are lots of obstacles. We made the wranglers cabin and found some good deep snow in some untracked meadows and in the rolling hills. Lots of land mines hidden under the deep snow so the next balst of snow should really help this area out. Attached a couple shots of the day....

Attachments

• Picture 070.jpg
    Picture 070.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 38
  • Picture 069.jpg
    Picture 069.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 36
  • Picture 067.jpg
    Picture 067.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 35
  • Picture 066.jpg
    Picture 066.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 31

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
Looks like Flat...Flat...Flat light.
Had a decent day staging from the tin shack at Corbin. Shiznit, foothills M8, Summit x, and a buddy of Shiznits headed out once it warmed to -16...around 11:30. The pipeline is tracked up and the sides that are powder there are lots of obstacles. We made the wranglers cabin and found some good deep snow in some untracked meadows and in the rolling hills. Lots of land mines hidden under the deep snow so the next balst of snow should really help this area out. Attached a couple shots of the day....

Shibby!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Castle was bright and sunny ALLllllll day =)!!!

Problem being is there wasn't enough snow for sleds yet. Obstacles sticking through the old base about 2-3 ft down.

What it did equate to was WICKED boarding!!! Bottomless! Sooo quiet and peaceful cutting lines down through the trees. No noise what-so-ever till you smack a tree! Then when you fell it was the softest thing ever... Ahhhhh... I should have stayed down there for another day.

Top Bottom