LCD for the Power Commander 5

lander800

Reaction score
I have just installed the PCV and have hooked up the LCD display to my quad and I can not get the LCD to display real time info on it. I can load maps from my laptop and then download them to the PCV but the real time info is just not working. Any thoughts out there on how to trouble shoot or what the problem could be. Thanks Geoff

slomo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you have to go into the display mode and edit what you want to be displayed
by scroling through the list

lander800

Reaction score
How does it know the rpm's and the engine temp just by connecting to the fuel injectors and the tps sensor. Maybe I am just missing something, but I will give it a try. Thanks

slomo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well on my sled it hooks directly to the pcm/ecu and gets all of its info from the pcm/ecu and modifys the signal from that to add more fuel so it has to know what the rpm is or it wouldnt be able to add fuel at the correct time

itchyfinger

Reaction score
I had the exact same problem with mine. So i called dynotech. you have to upgrade the firmware you do that by holding down the two buttons when you plug it in... i think... its something like that i cant exactly remember forsure forsure but i know thats what u have to do. then you have to download the firmware file off the dynojet website. and you also need to download the program that sends that firmware file.

Its kinda stupid cause theres no were on the web site or anywhere i could figure all this out. I hope this helps you out. cheers Bud

quadboy55

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Engine RPM is attained by ignition pattern.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't this how the tachometer works in some of todays automobiles?

Temp is attained by a thermostat. I think you have to buy one for your quad as the factory one only tells you if its HOT or not.

itchyfinger

Reaction score
The power commander connects to the computer which tells the lcd screen what to read via the power commander. As far as i know you dont need to buy anything else. Atleast i didnt have to on my sled.

Top Bottom