J.B. Weld original

Ronaha

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Does that stuff really work on a small crack leaking out from a aluminum sled engine block?

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Does that stuff really work on a small crack leaking out from a aluminum sled engine block?
Don't use it! It might work for a bit but not long term. Get someone to tig weld it properly, thats the only way that you ever stop the crack from coming back or even geting bigger. I will weld it for you properly if you want. If its out of the sled it no problem to fix

Ronaha

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No can do bob,Thanks for offer, it's not worth all the work,the crack is about 1/8 long and shouldn't spread.

Last edited:

Chump

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Drill a small hole at the end of the crack. Stop it from spreading and jb weld the **** out of it

Culvert

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If this is a crack on your Rx1 block? If it's leaking coolant you will continue to do so & over heat & cook a motor.

olymon

Reaction score
Pipe plug taper puts more stress on it when tightened and could actually crack it easier. Just drill and JB welds it.

Making JIS screws into junk

Ronaha

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hmmm all dang good ideas,unfortunately it's on the joint where the upper and lower block are bolted together right on the gasket "ledge" I would call it......it took me 2 mirrors to find it.....definitely gunna jb er

Ronaha

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looks like she's getn loc metal lol

Top Bottom