Hydro-pak advice.

aknbak

Reaction score
What do you guys do to get rid of that gross plastic taste from your hydo-paks? This will be my second bag and both taste so horrible you cant even use them. I just picked one up today and :wtf1:! I washed both the bag and tube out with soap and hot water and still i cant get that taste out. Do you boil them? Ive tried those little pills they sell to clean the bags out and they didnt help either. What do you guys suggest?

---Aknbak
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
2008 M1000 2 inch riser, Jaws can, RTK clutch, clutch vents.
2008 Brute Force 750. ITP rims and 27" Mudbugs.
2006 mini hummer. Camo, of coarse.

KVF 700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
putting hot water in it and letting it sit repededly and then dumping the water.
or let some coolaid or fruit punch sit in it and absorb into the plastic then your water will always have that faint taste lol.:rolleyes:

Leopard

Reaction score
I use cinnamon mouth wash, slosh it around and let it sit over night, then flush it out several times with water. It tastes a little bit like cinnamon after but at least it kills all the bacteria.

vic

Reaction score
I just plug in the kettle add the hot water and give a rinse,rinse again with cold water drain and leave the cap off till next time to air out .

aknbak

Reaction score
I like the idea of putting a little Kool-aid in and letting the flavor soak into the plastic. .......Wonder if rum would do the same.:shots:

Top Bottom