Helmet cams

Dadbro

Reaction score
Is anyone out in S & M world using a helmet cam? I am looking at picking one up for all season play. I have researched the Tachyon XC and the Contour HD and they both seem good choices if you have the $$$. Any feedback would be appreciated as always. Thanks

Wingwalker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I use the GoPro hd camera
I got the HD motorsport kit it came with a variety of mounts

I put a 16gb card in it and it will film continuously for 2 hrs which is about the life of the battery
The screen for the settings is a little bit hard to read and no LCD viewing screen is a pain
Overall this is a great little camera
Plus its waterproof you can even take it diving

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I use the gopro hd works great.

Launch Helmet Cams

Reaction score
Check out - we have the , and a range of other cameras. Best of all we guarantee to beat any price in Canada for S&M members and provide free shipping across Canada. If you need any help with deciding which camera is best for you, just give us a call.

rubirose

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Contour HD is the way to go, one battery will last 4 hours while the camera is on, but not necessarely filming. It is smaller than the GOPRO, which is good for low hanging branches, has an micro SD card which can go as high as 8gb. Does not take pictures, just video. I love mine.

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I like the Contour HD mostly for the compactness and ease of creative mounting. I have the HD, my son has the HD1080P. Both work great now, although I had to have the HD replaced right away on warranty. Never worked right out of the box. They were great about it, but it was a bit of a pain having to ship the defective one to the U.S. for replacement. No issues at all with the 1080P. Video quality is awesome! Cost me a new computer to watch & edit them though! Keep that in mind if you decide to go HD. When it comes right down to it, most of us probably don't really need HD.:)

AB RANGER 007

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
:cool: V. I. O. POV.I.5. Plus some accessories, (12 volt plugin, no battery problems), when mounted on the O R V, everything you will ever need and then some,:confused:, you get what you pay for:rolleyes: Check it out at Launch Helmet Cams.

Bruce.:ranger: 6X6 Never Enough Room.

Top Bottom