go pro

extreme

Reaction score
need help on witch sd card is the best so there is no choppy videos:dontknow:

omullinger

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
scan disc ultra's. choppy vids will usually be due to your computer video card, processor and ram though.

Wilk INStheWEST

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
need help on witch sd card is the best so there is no choppy videos:dontknow:
Make sure it is a Class 10 card. Sandisk are pretty good (I've been using minimum of Ultra, prefer Extreme), never had problems with them. The computer itself could be a problem for choppy video, but usually that is just a problem when editing. If your computer is less than 5 yrs old it should playback video no problem.

Last edited:

jbb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
remember the size of the card controls the lenght of time you record... think an 8 is only good for 2hrs

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Make sure it is a Class 10 card. Sandisk are pretty good (I've been using minimum of Ultra, prefer Extreme), never had problems with them. The computer itself could be a problem for choppy video, but usually that is just a problem when editing. If your computer is less than 5 yrs old it should playback video no problem.
what he said. you must use a class 10 SD card for smooth HD video. the more gigs the better, make sure you check to see how many gig your camera supports. some will not run a 64g card.

Got boost want snow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I use 16g cards the biggest problem I found was computers that could not keep up especially when editing. High end gaming computers keep up and play it extremely smooth. Apple have very little problems with playback or editing so I am told.

chadwik74

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Plugged the SD card into my iPad and it works great....just got the iMovie app and its fun as hell to use!

thegeneral

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good advise in case my hero # black ever ships from the factory! I guess they won't even acknowledge theres a problem but they aren't shipping anything either. I pre ordered mine almost 2 months ago

347strokin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good advise in case my hero # black ever ships from the factory! I guess they won't even acknowledge theres a problem but they aren't shipping anything either. I pre ordered mine almost 2 months ago

Hopefully you get yours soon. I ordered a Black about 1.5 months ago. It came in about a week ago. This camera is awesome!

Justin_sane

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I bought a hero 2 like 3 months ago. Kicking myself now, i want a black edition hero 3. Lol

tekim

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

X3!! Ordered mine Xmas day online from Best Buy, and showed up yesterday. Ordered the Silver package with chest mount and spare battery :D Oh, and the SanDisk 64GB Class 10 Ultra microSD card for $50 :D:D

Last edited:

omullinger

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was talking to them about it. They sold to gopro retailers before they were finished and then out sold their production on preorder. That's why its taking so long. They didn't think the higher option would take off like they did.

maxpower

Reaction score
The class thing is entirely overblow & oversold in the stores....

I run a Sandisk 8GB class 2 card on my original GoPro. Never had anything choppy it averages reads & writes about 5mb/second.
When i record a 720P wide angle video it used 1.89GB in 22minutes. So you have 1890MB in 1320 seconds. or 1.4MB/second. Lots of throughput to spare. You can test the speed of your cards using a tool like this site has to download
HD_Speed - www.SteelBytes.com

Wilk INStheWEST

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The class thing is entirely overblow & oversold in the stores....

I run a Sandisk 8GB class 2 card on my original GoPro. Never had anything choppy it averages reads & writes about 5mb/second.
When i record a 720P wide angle video it used 1.89GB in 22minutes. So you have 1890MB in 1320 seconds. or 1.4MB/second. Lots of throughput to spare. You can test the speed of your cards using a tool like this site has to download
HD_Speed - www.SteelBytes.com
I've had SD cards that were Class 6 and they still weren't fast enough to prevent choppy video (at 720p 60fps). The new Hero3 Black will record 1080p at 60fps, so there is a lot more data going there.

Top Bottom