FRIDGE issues yet again

Bowen

Reaction score
The real fix for the issue with Norcold fridges is to replace the cooling unit with the "Amish Cooling unit". You can replace it yourself and it cools like it should. Order through Pines RV, about 1100.00 dollars. Did mine two years ago and no problems since. Instead of having to keep the fridge at level 9 to cool now keep it at level 4.

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just heard from the tech and he found a large cavity on the back side. he figures when the cooling unit was replaced 2 years ago the spray insulation that was used was garbage amd shunk leaving a large cavity. so the fridge was working so hard due to the large uninsulated cavity creating too much heat when it was in the trailer and working out at the camp site it would shut it's self off. he is going to get the unit to room temperature and cut out the rest of the bad insulation and re-insulate it then get it reinstalled in the trailer for this coming weekend. Is is very sure that he has figured out this issue. Great to deal with a local guy!!!

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So the fridge is backing to working great. the insulation is all replaced and for extra caution I replaced the little thermistor that is located inside of the fridge on the back wall. It has been a week that it has run and so far all is good. Hopefully this is the end of my fridge issues for the next 10 years or so

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My fridge did the same thing before the cooling unit plugged right off. Replaced the whole fridge. You can replace the cooling unit depending how old your fridge is. Mine was 5-6 years old so for the price differance I swapped the whole fridge. $1700

Top Bottom